Dancer Transition Resource Centre
Centre de ressources et transition pour danseurs
Position: Bilingual National Coordinator for on the MOVE/ danse TRANSIT Conference, Winter 2008.
Job location: Dancer Transition Resource Centre, National Office, downtown Toronto.
Job Type: Part-time, 6-month contract from September 2007- February 2008.
Presented each year by the Dancer Transition Resource Centre in collaboration with arts service organizations across the country, on the MOVE/ danse TRANSIT is a dynamic 2-day career-planning and networking event for graduating dance students and emerging dance professionals. For more information on last year’s event, please visit: http://www.dtrc.ca/movetransit.
The Bilingual National Coordinator for on the MOVE / danse TRANSIT will be responsible for coordinating the Toronto conference and providing support to the steering committees of the regional conferences (Montreal, Winnipeg & Vancouver).
Responsibilities to include:
- Supporting conference program development in all regions
- Assisting regional steering committees in the coordination and preparation of speakers, panelists, event videographers and photographers
- Coordinating conference kits and materials
- Planning & coordinating print and on-line promotional materials
- Coordinating and liaising with national sponsors
- Coordinating on-line registration
- Assisting in managing budgets and paying invoices
- Preparing post-conference reports, and making recommendations for future growth and improvements
- Organizing steering committee meetings and keeping track of assigned tasks
- Recruiting and organizing volunteers
- Liaising with participating schools and student representatives
- Liaising with venue and catering staff
- Coordinating registration and event set up
- Handling ‘day-of’ logistics
- Bilingual, with excellent French and English written and verbal skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient in MS Office and experienced in database use
- Ability to work both in a team and with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of, and interest in, the Canadian dance community
- Previous event planning experience would be an asset
Please e-mail or fax resume and covering letter to:
Amanda Hancox, Executive Director, Dancer Transition Resource Centre
Resumes must be received by August 17th, 2007
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.