Position Title: Director, Arts Disciplines
Salary Range : $120,600 to $141,900
Supervisor’s Position: Director, Canada Council
The Canada Council for the Arts is a national arm’s length agency which provides grants and services to professional Canadian artists and arts organizations. It is funded by and reports to Parliament through the Minister of Canadian Heritage.
As a key member of the Executive Management Group reporting to the Director of the Canada Council, you will be responsible for providing corporate leadership and direction for the formulation, development, implementation and management of the program policy and delivery framework for the Council’s arts disciplines programming. The incumbent will provide a discipline lens for the planning and establishment of program strategies, approaches and initiatives as well as partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders including discipline communities and other arts funders to foster and promote excellence in the arts across Canada. The Director, Arts Disciplines will be responsible for the supervision of the Section Heads overseeing the artistic disciplines supported by the Council, including dance, media arts, visual arts, writing and publishing, theater, music and inter-arts.
The ideal applicant is fully bilingual and has:
- a post-graduate degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field;
- a broad knowledge of and experience in the contemporary arts in Canada, across all art forms, with specialized knowledge and experience in at least one discipline;
- strong management experience with excellent interpersonal, communication and team-building skills;
- proven ability to administer funds and programs in a grant-giving, not-for-profit organization or crown corporation;
- the ability to motivate staff and to deal with conflicting priorities and differing points of view;
- strong planning, analytical and policy development skills.
The annual salary range for this position is $120,600 to $141,900. The position is located in Ottawa and requires up to 60 days of travel per year.
Please submit your resume by October 26, 2007 quoting competition number 2300 and forward electronically to email@example.com or by fax to (613) 566-4323. Applications sent by mail should be addressed to the attention of Manon Dugal, Director, Human Resources, Canada Council for the Arts, 350 Albert Street, P.O. Box 1047, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5V8.
The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to employment equity. All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.