Te-Amim Music Theatre is looking for an experienced part-time General Manager who will help to steer the organization through the next stages of organizational development. It is hoped that this position will become full-time by the end of 2008.
Based in Toronto, Te-Amim Music Theatre is a multi-disciplinary company that mounts professional productions as well as facilitating community and student productions using a variety of art forms, including theatre, music, animation, puppetry and graphic arts through the history, legacy and impact of the Holocaust. Using the Holocaust as a catalyst, audiences are able to explore other instances of genocide, racism, bullying and intolerance both globally and locally. Managing Artistic Director Helena Fine leads the company.
Reporting to the Managing Artistic Director, the General Manager’s responsibilities will include overseeing all daily administrative duties, including budgeting, financial forecasting, planning, tour management, contracts, marketing and audience development/tracking. More specifically, duties will include:
- Assisting in preparing funding applications, budgets and support material, and assist in developing fundraising initiatives
- Arrange all education program logistics, including booking teacher and student workshops and school matinees
- Prepare timely and accurate reports in conjunction with the Managing Artistic Director for all Board meetings
- Maintain volunteer database and contact with volunteers
- Maintain accurate, orderly records of audience, schools, foundations, donors and funders (real and potential)
- Other duties as arising that ensure the professional operation of Te-Amim’s business matters
The General Manage should have the following skills:
- Experience in and an understanding of performing arts administration
- Outstanding computer skills in all office applications
- Demonstrated abilities in grant writing, fundraising, Board liaison, contract negotiations
- Working knowledge of Jewish organizations and issues pertaining to the Jewish community
- Cultural sensitivity
Te-Amim Music Theatre is a busy and fast paced work environment and therefore candidates should also have:
- High degree of motivation and professionalism
- Excellent written, oral communication and multi-tasking skills
- Be able to deal with a variety of organizational stakeholders
- The ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments and to analyze and solve problems
- Show an excellent attention to detail
This is an ideal position for an individual with experience or in mid-career who is seeking a dynamic environment and growth. The right person can take broad responsibilities and make a big difference.
Te-Amim Music Theatre is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity and invites applications from all qualified individuals.
Rate of pay commensurates with experience, for 4 days a week.
Please note that interviews will take place the week of Monday, February 18, 2008 and second interviews will be required. The position will commence on March 3, 2008. We thank all applicants and will notify only those we wish to interview.
Please fax or email your current c.v. with a cover letter and the contact information for three references no later than Friday, February 15, 2008 to:
Te-Amim Music Theatre Hiring Committee
Managing artistic director