Full-time employment, with benefits AVAILABLE MARCH 25TH
Reporting directly to the Managing Director this position has the two-fold responsibility of: office coordination for The Factory Theatre, and personal assistance to the Managing Director (and Artistic Director). The primary area of responsible for this position is to create a professional and welcoming office environment for the staff, vendors and creative team for The Factory Theatre. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced and artistically driven environment, working equally with administrative and artistic staff and leaders. Candidates must have some familiarity with Canadian theatre and previous administrative experience.
This entry level position is suitable for an emerging professional passionate about theatre and interested in learning more about producing and facilitating live performance.
Specifically, this position has the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily mail sorting (including invoices), reception duties, media clippings and office appearance (cleaning)
- Assistance with marketing, fundraising, box office and outreach mailings
- Responsible for coordinating and compiling all outgoing mail and postage allocations,
- General office coordination including ensuring the ordering and the maintenance of stock of office supplies and letterhead.
- Preparation and coordination of all Equity contracts and remittances
- Personal administrative assistance to the Managing Director and Artistic Director, including assistance with monthly Board meetings
- Ensuring that general phone and e-mail enquiries are forwarded or answered appropriately.
- Organizing and leading all weekly staff meetings
- Participation as a full team member of the Factory Theatre staff and the assumption of responsibility for special projects (i.e. special events) and committee work as required.
- Responsible for trouble-shooting the following systems:
- Telephones, voicemail, greetings and fax machine (as needed)
- Personal computers, passwords, e-mail, backup and general networking and Internet as needed – assistance available from EXCEL consultants
- Photocopy machine
- Working with the Marketing and Development Manager to input tax receipt data and other stewardship items
- Preparing, assembling, collating and distributing all weekly payables
- Preparing equity/artist contracts and tracking payment schedules
- Coordinating facility rental inquiries, bookings and tracking revenue
The responsibilities listed above address the key duties of the position. The Managing Director will occasionally request additional responsibilities. They will not however, be unreasonably assigned.
- Superb verbal and written communication abilities
- An ability to problem solve autonomously
- An outgoing, vibrant personality
- Has a knowledge of and passion for theatre
- High personal standards with acute attention to detail, and professional presentation
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends
Candidates should send a professional writing sample plus c.v., in addition to a statement of salary expectations, to:
OFFICE COORDINATOR AND PRODUCER ASSISTANT SEARCH
Attn: Colleen Smith, Managing Director
The Factory Theatre
125 Bathurst Street, Toronto, ON M5V 2R2