LORRAINE KIMSA THEATRE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE, (formerly Young Peoples Theatre) is the largest Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA) company in Canada and a significant institution in the Canadian professional theatre community. Over our 42-year history we have produced many of the most important works that now form the canon of plays for young audiences in this country. Learning is at the centre of everything we do and LKTYP is renowned as the showplace for presenting important TYA work developed elsewhere. In addition to being a producer and presenter of theatre, LKTYP has also been home to a year-round Drama School for youth since 1969.
LKTYP is currently searching for a candidate to fill the full-time position of Jr. Graphic Designer/Marketing Coordinator. Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Jr. Graphic Designer/ Marketing Coordinator assists the sales and marketing efforts of the department.
- Design and layout marketing materials including flyers, posters, postcards, house programmes, invitations, study guides, etc. (LKTYP engages the services of a graphic design company for major projects)
- Maintain LKTYP’s website (Dreamweaver 8), uploading new content, adding images, posting video/audio clips and PDF’s
- Assist in the development of LKTYP’s Web 2.0 initiatives, including social networking, blogging, and wikis
- Create and carry out LKTYP’s online marketing initiatives, including e-newsletters, e-flyers and online promotions
- Research theatrical productions and gather artist bios, photos and background information
- Liaise with production companies, media contacts, photographers and other LKTYP departments
- Assist in the creation of front of house displays
- A recent graduate of a recognized graphic design programme (portfolio/design samples req’d)
- Familiarity with Web 2.0 tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- An interest in live theatre and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment is an asset
Interested candidates should respond in writing with salary expectations by July 31, 2008 to:
JR. GRAPHIC DESIGNER/MARKETING COORDINATOR SEARCH
LKTYP | 165 Front Street East, Toronto, ON, M5A 3Z4
or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications sent by fax will not be accepted.
Due to time constraints, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.