Start Date: September 2, 2008
Reporting to the Senior Marketing and Sales Manager, the Graphic Designer and Production Coordinator is responsible for all graphic design and print production needs of the Canadian Stage Company (CSC).
CSC engages Scott Thornley + Company who establish the company’s brand and season platforms. The Graphic Designer will work within and protect the integrity of these parameters.
This is a newly formed position for the Company and the incumbent will contribute to the further development and processes of the position.
ABOUT The Canadian Stage Company:
Nationally and internationally acclaimed, The Canadian Stage Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit, contemporary theatre company committed to presenting the best in Canadian and international drama, comedy and musical theatre year-round. Located in Toronto, the Company has three distinctive venues: the 876-seat Bluma Appel Theatre, the 244 and 168-seat Berkeley Street Theatres, and the 1000-seat Dream in High Park, an outdoor amphitheatre featuring Shakespearean classics each summer. Canadian Stage is dedicated to attracting and developing the best artists and plays in Canada. The Company is also committed to educating and developing audiences and to the promotion and training of artists through a variety of outreach programs. For more information, refer to www.canstage.com.
- Member of the Marketing and Communications Team
- Reports directly to the Senior Marketing and Sales Manager.
- Work within the CSC brand
- A passion for design and typography
- Exceptional writing/punctuation/grammar skills
- Develop procedures and protocol for project management within your area
- Create graphic design materials for house programs, newsletters, stationery, print advertising, signage, postcards and additional marketing and fundraising materials
- Interpret the different needs of individuals and campaigns within the company
- Keep abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs
- Produce accurate and high quality work
- Work within department and project budgets
- Work to tight deadlines
- Prepress knowledge and press approval experience
- Keep abreast of development in printing technologies
- Identify and liaise with suppliers and print publications
- Ability to leverage suppliers and develop beneficial relationships
- Assessing labour and material costs based on required deliverables
- Monitoring project progress with in-house staff and third party suppliers to ensure on-time delivery
IDEAL PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Superb organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines across several departments of the Company
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity, high energy, creativity, a collaborative spirit, and the cultural sensitivity needed to work effectively in a diverse environment of artists, producers, creative and management teams
- Minimum of three years experience in graphic design and print production management with supporting portfolio
- Experience in planning and scheduling projects an asset
- A passion for the performing arts and the desire to be part of a vibrant Canadian contemporary theatre company
Apply in confidence with salary expectations by August 19, 2008:
Senior Marketing and Sales Manager
The Canadian Stage Company
26 Berkeley Street
Toronto, ON M5A 2W3
PH 416-367-8243 ext. 254
We thank all interested applicants but only those identified for an interview will be contacted.