Submission Deadline: August 30th, 2008
Position to Start by: Early to mid September, 2008
As one of three senior members of the Fringe staff, the Development and Communications Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and will spearhead all development and marketing initiatives/projects for the Fringe of Toronto Theatre Festival (www.fringetoronto.com) and the Next Stage Theatre Festival. We are looking for someone who is creative, responsible, self-motivated, organized and outgoing. The ability to multi-task efficiently and work within a team structure is also an important part of the position and festival environment.
The key responsibilities of this position require a broad knowledge of development and marketing principles including: corporate sponsorships, fundraising, developing marketing campaigns and public and media relations.
Specific duties will include:
- Maintaining positive and beneficial relationships with our current sponsors and donors while seeking and identifying new avenues of corporate, foundation, individual and government support for the festival;
- Developing and implementing fundraising strategies and events to meet the annual and long-term revenue goals of the organization;
- Developing a new sponsorship/marketing package;
- Identification and implementation of new marketing/PR initiatives to promote audience growth;
- Effectively promoting the festival to our patrons, supporters and the artistic community;
- Festival Program and Newsletter design;
- Website management;
- Thorough identification and solicitation of advertisers for the official Fringe Program
- Post secondary education with minimum 2 years experience in the non-profit, arts administration field;
- Strong computer skills;
- Familiarity with graphic design and programs such as Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator an asset;
- Strong interpersonal, managerial, negotiation and networking skills;
- Strong written, oral and research skills;
- Knowledge of the Fringe Festival movement and philosophy of the Fringe;
- Knowledge of the current arts funding climate
The position and job description will evolve and adapt based on the experience and skills of the successful candidate. This is a 1 year contract with the possibility of renewal. Please include salary expectation within the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Fringe is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested individuals should submit their resume and a cover letter via mail or e-mail by August 24, 2008 to the address below. Please have two references prepared and available upon request.
The Search Committee
Fringe of Toronto Theatre Festival
#507-344 Bloor St. W.