Job Ref. # 08F35-TAPA
Number of vacancies: 1
Harbourfront Centre, on Toronto’s waterfront, is an innovative non-profit cultural organization which creates, for a diverse public, events and activities of excellence that enliven, educate and entertain. Working in partnership with various communities, Harbourfront Centre nurtures and supports educational and recreational activity as well as contemporary artistic creation through showcasing Canadian and international talent. Our year-round operation offers some 4000 internationally acclaimed events ranging from music, literary and theatrical festivals to children’s activities and craft workshops. Harbourfront Centre is one of Toronto’s most popular tourist attractions, drawing more than 3 million visitors and contributing over $126 million to the local economy annually. www.harbourfrontcentre.com
Currently an employment opportunity exists in our Marketing Department for a full time Marketing Coordinator. Reporting to the Manager of Marketing, this position is responsible for Harbourfront Centre’s online marketing materials and communications and acts a departmental lead for Tessitura database.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Create all copy for Harbourfront Centre website, e-vites, e-blasts and new media including repurposed content and original writing, ensuring accuracy, grammatical correctness, fluency and brand consistency for all on-line copy.
- Develop and manage a strategy for keeping the website current and updated, ensuring balance in conjunction with the organizations goals and priorities.
- Develop and implement an effective e-communications strategy.
- Liaise with Manager, Marketing and marketing team members to create and strategize on marketing plans and their on line components.
- Manage dockets, copy and internal circulations of all web and on-line marketing initiatives.
- Act as department power user on the Tessitura Database, and contribute to the development and implementation strategies for the database and the department.
- Manage all marketing department contact lists, and create all mailing and email lists and labels.
- Collaborate with web and marketing team members to enhance website functionality and develop innovative ways to effectively meet customer needs.
The ideal candidate will have a post secondary education in marketing, communications or journalism with a minimum of 2 years related work experience. He/she must have proven experience in web writing and editing skills. The incumbent must be a creative thinker with an eye for detail, and possess outstanding oral and written communication skills with a passion for writing and good knowledge of grammar and style. Excellent computer skills with thorough knowledge of website and new media marketing are required. He/she must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills to deal tactfully and diplomatically with a wide variety of people. He/she must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments while meeting deadlines. He/she must be flexible, able to work some evenings and weekends, and thrive in a challenging and collaborative work environment. Experience in the not-for-profit cultural sector would be considered an asset.
Qualified applicants must apply by OCTOBER 6, 2008
Please send your resume quoting Job Ref. # 08F35-TAPA to:
Human Resources, 235 Queens Quay West
Toronto, ON M5J 2G8
Fax (416) 973-1003
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.