Theatre Ontario is issuing a call for nominations for the 2009 Sandra Tulloch Award for Innovation in the Arts. The Sandra Tulloch Award for Innovation in the Arts is presented annually to an individual or collective who has demonstrated leadership over a long career, and a passionate commitment to deepening the scope and broadening the appearance of the arts in Ontario through innovative and practical approaches.
- Nominations must be made by two individuals
- Candidates may be working or have worked in any discipline of the arts in Ontario, whether professional or amateur
- Candidates must have made a significant, demonstrable contribution to the growth and well being of the arts in Ontario
- Candidates must have demonstrated a selfless and energetic commitment to the above
- Candidates must have exhibited a deep involvement in the creation and/or dissemination of art in Ontario
- Collective initiatives are eligible
When submitting your nomination, please provide specific examples of the above criteria as they relate to your nominee. The nomination form can be downloaded at www.theatreontario.org. The deadline is December 15, 2008.
The Sandra Tulloch Award for Innovation in the Arts was established in 1998 by friends and colleagues of Sandra on her retirement as Executive Director of Theatre Ontario. The award pays tribute to the outstanding contribution that Sandra Tulloch has made to the arts in Ontario. For nearly twenty years, she played a pivotal role at Theatre Ontario, facilitating numerous visionary initiatives in the community, professional and educational theatre sectors. As an arts administrator, producer, arts advocate, project leader and community activist, Sandra has continued to devote an enormous amount of time and energy to the arts throughout the province.
Past recipients of the Sandra Tulloch Award for Innovation in the Arts are Tim Jones & Susan Serran, Angela Rebeiro, Jane Marsland, Myles Warren, Jini Stolk, Claire Hopkinson and Peter Honeywell. The award was designed by artist Barry Burniston of North Bay, with bronze casting by Craig Meschino of Toronto.
For more information please contact John Goddard, Executive Director at Theatre Ontario, 416.408.4556 or email@example.com. Theatre Ontario provides theatre practitioners throughout Ontario with training and information to enhance and support their art form.