The Canadian Stage Company is accepting applications for the (volunteer) position of Online Marketing Optimization Intern. Based in Toronto, The Canadian Stage Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit contemporary theatre company, committed to developing and producing the best in theatre on a national and international level. As a non-profit company, The Canadian Stage Company relies on volunteers to help it achieve its vision.
Reporting to the Marketing and Promotions Coordinator and the Manager of Volunteer Resources, the Volunteer Resources Intern duties will include:
- Assist with content development and optimization of The Canadian Stage Company 09 – 10 website
- Assist with coordinating and optimizing social media, search engine optimization, social book-marking and other third party platforms
- Research online community structure and development of both corporate and non-profit organizations around the world
- Assist in formulating reports of site data in Google Analytics, AdWords and other metric/measurement applications
- Assist identifying, targeting and implementing online promotions of a variety of types, including revenue generation and volunteerism
- Assist as needed with various administrative work
- Assist in organizing a series of presentations relating to online content, search engine and social media optimization, etc.
- Computer and web proficiency
- Familiarity with online content development and basic editing practices
- Some knowledge of search engines, social media
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- An interest in being mentored to develop and optimize website content
Full training will be provided but in some cases successful candidate will be asked to work independently on assigned projects. Priority given to:
- Individuals with capacity to create basic applications (mash-ups, etc.)
- Persons interested in new media promotion
Days and Times:
- Two weekdays, (negotiable)
- Start Date: Feb 9, 2009 (negotiable)
- End Date: June 1, 2009 (negotiable)
Volunteer Interns are considered staff by The Canadian Stage Company. Interns are eligible to attend plays and play readings, workshops, discount tickets to other theatres, and you will be part of a dynamic office environment. In addition, we offer Information Interviews, Goals Planning and Progress Reports during the Intern Term, as well as internal job postings and Intern Alumni events after successful completion of the Internship.
We require a CV and cover letter, a writing sample and 3 references to consider applicants for an Intern position. First priority will be given to interns who include a cover letter with their CV. An interview is required, only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted. The Canadian Stage Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline to apply: Friday February 6th, 2009
Apply by email only to: Attention: Bob McCarthy Manager of Volunteer Resources and Interns firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this INTERN posting. We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential. www.canstage.com