Job Ref. #09J037-TAPA
Situated on Toronto’s waterfront, Harbourfront Centre is renowned as Canada’s foremost facility for contemporary culture. Our year-round operation offers some 4000 internationally acclaimed events ranging from music, literary and theatrical festivals to children’s activities and craft shops.
Currently an opportunity exists in our Community and Educational Programmes department for a contract Music Assistant position. This position reports to the Artistic Associates, Music for tasks identified as overall festival administration and day to day work flow. The position will also report to and be supervised by the Assistant Project Coordinator and/or Administrative Coordinator for satisfaction assessment, review of balance of overall workload and review of working relationships The Music Assistant will assist with the planning and the implementation of the summer festivals and events (e.g., Hot & Spicy Festival; Canada Day; and Beats, Breaks and Culture). The Music Assistant will liaise with the Programming Assistant to ensure clear communication and coordination of information.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Liaise with Harbourfront Centre communications staff and outside contacts to secure promotional materials for use in Harbourfront Centre’s summer music marketing and media campaign
- Research artist’s merchandise information (record labels, distribution, etc.)
- Develop and maintain the music industry database
- Coordinate information for Harbourfront Centre production, marketing and media relations and festival programming assistant
- Conduct artist research for the Music Programmer
- Coordinate and prepare contracts
- Coordinate travel, and hotel accommodations for traveling artists in consultation with Music staff
- Prepare, monitor and follow-up in tax waivers
- Liaise with Programme Assistant for each festival to ensure flow of information to appropriate Departments
- Knowledge and skills for this job acquired through a high school diploma and two or more years of administrative experience
- Good keyboarding skills, familiarity with computers with working knowledge of Filemaker Pro, Microsoft Office and internet applications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Enjoy working with the public
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and self motivated
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple activities
- Fluency in a second language is an asset
DURATION: March 20, 2009 – September 15, 2009.
HOURS: 9:00 AM – 5:00 P.M. – (some evening and weekend hours) 24 hours per week,
will increase to 40 hours (5 days) in April.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 16, 2009
Interested applicants should FORWARD resume QUOTING JOB REF # 09J037-TAPA to:
Human Resources Department
235 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON M5J 2G8
FAX: (416) 973-1003
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.