The Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts (TAPA) is seeking a casual / part-time Go Live Advertising Associate who will focus on selling advertisements in the Theatre Guide, Toronto’s Official Guide to Theatre, Dance and Opera.
The Theatre Guide is a free bi-monthly 11 x 17” folded marketing brochure featuring comprehensive theatre, dance and opera listings, Toronto theatre map, “What’s Hot” selection of three shows, and affordable advertising opportunities. 15,000 copies of each issue are printed and distributed widely to over 200 theatres, hotels and cultural attractions across the GTA, as well as with every ticket purchase at the T.O.TIX Booth. There are 14 advertising spots available for sale per issue (with prices starting at $395 for TAPA members and $595 for non-members).
The Go Live Advertising Associate will be responsible for:
- Actively building relationships with TAPA Member organizations to encourage Guide advertisement sales;
- Actively building partnerships with a wide range of Toronto restaurants, hotels, and cultural attractions to secure Guide advertisement sales;
- Researching prospective advertising prospects;
- Meet with prospective advertisers as needed;
- Liaising and coordinating with advertisers to secure booking confirmation forms and ad artwork;
- Ensuring that advertisers submit ad artwork files that meet the design specifications;
- Reminding advertisers of ad artwork deadlines;
- Preparing bi-weekly progress reports, monitoring, contact database, and reporting on sales;
- Coordinating with the Go Live Toronto Coordinator and the Executive Director of TAPA to strategically develop the future of the Guide advertising sales.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills:
- Experience in advertising and sales
- Knowledge of the Toronto performing arts community and industry
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proficiency and understanding of working in a Windows environment
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Able to work independently
Position begins March 2, 2009.
Position is flexible, part-time and work will be done off site.
Salary: 15% commission per advertisement sold.
Please send letter of interest and resume to the attention of Kate McConnell, Go Live Toronto Coordinator at TAPA by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE for applications is 12:00 noon, Monday February 23, 2009
All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Go Live Toronto:
Theatre Guide is a popular component of Go Live Toronto. Go Live Toronto is a key program at TAPA designed to grow audiences, by motivating and encouraging Torontonians (and visitors to the City of Toronto) to “go live” and experience live theatre. The campaign aims to build a new audience base, to energize the youth demographic and speak to a wider audience. By offering a Theatre Guide, TAPA dedicated to building and maintaining audiences for the performing arts.
Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts:
TAPA is an arts service organization that represents nearly 200 professional theatre, dance and opera companies in the City of Toronto and works to create an environment in which the performing arts may flourish and maintain its leadership role in the vitality of the City of Toronto.
Among the programs and services provided by TAPA are: T.O. TIX – Toronto’s One-Stop Ticket Shop at Yonge-Dundas Square, The Dora Mavor Moore Awards, Go Live Toronto the city-wide arts marketing campaign http://www.goliveto.ca, and the Commercial Theatre Development Fund. http://www.tapa.ca