The Fringe of Toronto Theatre Festival (July 1-12, 2009), a non-profit/charitable organization that produces two annual festivals featuring over 150 independent theatre companies, is currently seeking a contract Finance Controller.
With your broad knowledge of non-profit/charitable accounting practices and excellent organizational skills, you will be responsible for tracking and recording all box office, merchandise and bar sale transactions over the course of the festival, manage all bank deposits, and will provide the Executive Director with up to date accurate, clear and concise financial information.
We are looking for someone who is organized, responsible, detail oriented and excellent with numbers.
A sense of humour, the ability to multi-task efficiently and work within a team structure is also an important part of the position and festival environment.
The Fringe is now in its 21st season and is Toronto’s largest theatre festival with a ticketed attendance of over 58,000 patrons last year, with box office revenues totalling more than $414,500. The Festival currently has three full time staff, 70-80 contracted staff and 325 volunteers.
Key Responsibilities & Skill Requirements:
- Thorough knowledge of dual entry bookkeeping accounting practices
- Familiarity with Simply Accounting and Microsoft Excel
- Preparation of all deposits (including all “Tip the Fringe” revenues and credit card batch deposits)
- Cash flow management and reporting
- Festival floats and Petty Cash management
- Issuing artists payout (advance/pass payouts) via cheque at the end of the festival.
This is a contract position within the organization. The contract will break down as follows:
- Two training days with festival accountants
- 1 week full time prior to festival
- 2 weeks 6 hrs. daily during festival (2 x 7 days weekly)
- 1 week part time after festival
Submission Deadline: April 17, 2009
No telephone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Fringe is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter. Two references must be provided and will be contacted prior to engagement.
The Search Committee
Fringe of Toronto Theatre Festival
208-344 Bloor St. W.
Toronto, ON M5S 3A7