Dates: June 18, 2009 to September 9, 2009
Reporting to the Dream Site Manager. This is a full-time seasonal hourly position. There are three Site Supervisor positions – the rate of pay for each position is $11/hour with a work week compromised of 36 hours spread over six days. Given the nature of the responsibilities, this position is an afternoon and evening position.
- Reports directly to the Dream Site Manager.
- Assist in set-up and take-down of the Dream site.
- Enforce rules and policies of the Dream site.
- Participate in daily maintenance of the Dream site and report any maintenance issues.
- Handle large amounts of cash, maintain floats, make change, prepare nightly deposits.
- Participate in nightly briefing and weekly meetings.
- Deliver an exemplary level of customer service to Dream in High Park patrons.
- Ensure customer safety and satisfaction.
IDEAL PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Superior customer service skills.
- Superior cash management skills.
- Experience working in a front of house environment.
- Experience supervising volunteers.
- Comfortable addressing large groups of people.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity, high energy, creativity, a collaborative spirit, and the cultural sensitivity needed to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- A passion for the performing arts.
- Willingness and comfort in working evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Up-to-date First Aid/CPR training is preferred.
Preference will be given to applicants under the age of 30 in their second or third year of an applicable post-secondary program. Applicants must reside full-time and be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Apply in confidence by Monday, March 30, 2009 at 5:00PM.
Interested candidates should apply in writing, including a cover letter, CV detailing all relevant experience to:
Dream Site Manager and Berkeley Street Theatre Front of House Manager
The Canadian Stage Company
26 Berkeley Street
Toronto, ON M5A 2W3
416-367-8243 ext. 273