The Canadian Stage Company is now accepting applications for the (volunteer) position of SUMMER FAMILY PROGRAMS VOLUNTEER INTERN.
Based in Toronto, The Canadian Stage Company develops and produces the best in Canadian and international contemporary theatre and is Canada’s largest contemporary theatre company.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Artistic and Audience Development and the Interim Community Relations Manager, this Intern position offers an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge in developing and leading programs that cultivate artistic opportunities in community settings for youth and families, associated with the Canadian Stage TD Dream in High Park. This position also offers opportunities to develop experience in the marketing, communications and outreach activities for community initiatives.
- Assisting with the Facilitation of Summer Youth and Community Programs in Program Sessions
- Assisting with the communication and evaluation of programs offered.
- Assisting with the co-ordination of Youth and Community Programming throughout the summer
The Intern will have opportunities to participate in program planning, communication and execution, including attending program sessions. The internship offers numerous opportunities to develop administrative, communication and leadership skills in the implementation of new initiatives.
Start Date: June 29, 2009 – End Date: September 6, 2009
The Canadian Stage Company Youth Programs Intern must commit to at least 10 hrs per week. Schedule can be flexible. Must be available July 1st and Sunday evenings throughout the summer.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Interest in youth arts programming, family-friendly programming, communications and outreach
- Experience in leadership roles and desire to improve leadership skills
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Previous office administration experience and previous creation experience are an asset
- Self-starter. Full training will be provided but in some cases the successful candidate will be asked to work independently on assigned projects.
- High computer proficiency (MS Word & Excel experience preferred, e-mail and internet)
- Being enrolled in a course of study that involves interning at an arts organization is considered an asset but not required.
In addition to the many benefits of The Canadian Stage Company’s Intern Program which include information sessions with staff members of their choice, the successful candidate will also be assisting artists or administrators who are engaged with the youth programs of the Company. The intern will also receive free tickets to Canadian Stage productions and will be invited to readings, workshops and other artistic development initiatives. We strive to make our intern positions as valuable an experience as possible.
Please submit cover letter, résumé and 3 (phone) references by June 19, 2009 by email only, (attach documents in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat)
Attention: SUMMER YOUTH AND COMMUNITY PROGRAMS INTERN
Canadian Stage Company
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this intern posting. We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Canadian Stage Company is an equal opportunity employer.