- Initial 9-week paid contract offered, with possibility of extension
- Toronto based, 5 days a week, from 9 am – 5 pm (flexible)
- Closing date for applications: June 24, 2009
- Start date: July 6, 2009
Are you passionate about arts, business and communications? Do you believe in the power of communication to make a difference? Do you take an active interest in ways of communicating important messages to organizations, governments and business and are you up to speed with developments in new media? If so, read on.
ArtsBuild Ontario is looking for a website and communications intern to help develop communications tools for our constituency. This will involve expanding and updating the ArtsBuild Ontario website, designing and writing the next ArtsBuild newsletter and updating the contact database to facilitate ArtsBuild’s communications program and the 2009 survey of facilities needs that will be conducted in September.
Your creativity will be constantly in demand, as will your organizational skills, enthusiasm and self-motivation. This is a paid position.
- Research and recommend a plan for updating the website, including new pages and recommended content.
- Help to write new content and manage the website – including uploading materials, checking content, monitoring data on hits and downloads
- Support our organization’s leadership and those we seek to reach to think creatively about how to use media and communications to influence our audiences
- Help to construct and maintain a constituency contacts database
- Other admin and support jobs as necessary
Experience / Skills
- Ideally educated to degree level (recent graduates or current students welcome)
- Knowledge of website development
- Excellent communications skills, especially written
- Familiarity with online media and social networking
- Web writing and editing experience a bonus
- Fluent in English.
- Confidence, willingness to learn
- Creativity, tenacity and ability to work with a high degree of independence
Send your CV and a covering letter to Adele Dobkowski, Executive Director at email@example.com