Closing date: Jul 10, 2009
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto – Liberty Village
Artscape Foundation is seeking a fundraising professional to contribute to annual revenue targets by coordinating and carrying out daily, weekly, monthly and annual activities related to sponsorship, member/donor relations, and fulfillment within all giving programs. In addition, the Manager of Development will contribute to the development of a plan and implementation of Capital Campaign requirements.
- Attend all Foundation Board meetings.
- Contribute to the Development of all communications from the foundation as necessary including the Case for Support and individual Case statements as necessary
- Provide reports as required to the VP Operations, CEO and Board.
- Plan and implement cultivation activities as required.
- Research and participate in writing proposals designed to solicit donations and sponsorships from the private sector, foundations and government.
- Oversee the ongoing prospect management (identification, monitoring and evaluation of a prospect’s capacity level as well as their readiness to give) through a moves management cycle.
- Developing tailored programs designed to gain/enhance the interest and involvement of prospects within the Artscape community.
- Conduct and participate in solicitation calls, as appropriate.
- Prepare written materials including tailored proposals, correspondence and progress reports and planning documents as appropriate to area of responsibility.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of current fundraising/industry information, tax issues and planned giving vehicles to ensure maximum opportunities presented for gift commitments.
- Develop and propose strategies for solicitation of leadership and major gifts, including: determining ongoing relationships with prospect/donor; recommending specific purpose and level of gift; identifying those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation; assuring that solicitations are carried out successfully.
- Work closely with Artscape directors to ensure effective coordination of effort with their programs and to reinforce the prospect relationship continuum.
- Co-ordinate an effective program for recognition, involvement and stewardship of major and special gifts donors including press announcements.
- Develop and implement strategies for Capital project fundraising as necessary.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
Qualified proponents will have the following qualifications, experience and knowledge:
- Minimum five years not-for-profit experience in annual giving programs
- Capital Campaign mangement experience
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong research, writing, analysis and communication skills
- Post secondary degree
- Knowledge of program marketing, direct response, and other sales tools and techniques an asset
- Knowledge of marketing/branding an asset
- Knowledge of and experience with the design and production of printed materials
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet, Outlook) and working knowledge of fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge. Experience specifically using Sage Fundraising 50 an asset
- Good understanding of processes related to e-philanthropy
- Experience working and/or volunteering in the arts is an asset
- Ability to multitask effectively and coordinate multiple projects concurrently as well as respond quickly to changing priorities
Salary is negotiable commensurate with experience.
Artscape is a not-for-profit, urban development organization that revitalizes buildings, neighbourhoods, and cities through the arts. Artscape projects provide affordable space for creativity while generating positive cultural, economic, social, and environmental impact. For more information on Artscape, visit www.torontoartscape.on.ca
Deadline for Applications: July 10, 2009 at 5:00 pm
Please respond with a cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to position and a resume. In addition, please provide detailed contact information for two professional references.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail, courier or email only and should be forwarded to:
Suite 224, 171 East Liberty Street
Toronto, ON M6K 3P6
Attn: Manager of Development Submission
No phone calls please. Artscape thanks all applicants however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.