b current, a performing arts corps for artists of colour is looking for a resource development & marketing director and rcurrentz, a performing arts program for emerging artists. See below for all the info!
We are searching for a dynamic and effective resource development and marketing director to join our team. Are you great at corporate sponsorships? Can you plan a great fundraiser? Do you have great people skills? Check out the job posting here. Deadline is Friday, October 11, 2009.
Calling for new members for rcurrentz! Emerging Artists 16+
After a successful pilot program last year, we are ready to launch rcurrentz, our bridging program between the rAiz’n ensemble and summer aRts. Do u want get onstage and be fantastic? Join our program and take your art to the next level. See here for the posting. Deadline is Monday, September 21, 2009. Send us a resume and bio to email@example.com. Sample bio and resume here.
Jumblies Theatre is pleased to take part for another year in the: Ontario Arts Council Theatre Creators’ Reserve:
We accept applications from theatre creators who combine theatre creation and production with community arts practice, and who also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- An interdisciplinary creation/scripting process;
- Strong visual elements, including object and puppet theatre;
- Hybridity of cultural forms and traditions;
- Expansion of relationships between performer, participant, audience, space, sectors, presentation and social context.
Within these parameters, our selection criteria is the excitement and aesthetic quality of the proposed work and support material. We welcome applicants from artists of all ages, cultural traditions, artistic disciplines and careers and stages from any area of Ontario.
Process and Time-Line:
- Sept. 8 – Dec. 1, 2009 – respond to questions, and receive applications;
- Dec. 11, 2009 – deadline for applications (received, not post-marked);
- Late Dec./early Jan. – applications given to review committee & decisions made;
- By Jan 31, 2010 - Applicants and OAC notified of recommendations or denials.
We request the following support material:
- An excerpt or outline of the proposed work or work-in-progress;
- A brief description of its context and future plans for presentation;
- A past script sample (or alternative performance template) including at least 2 disciplines (e.g. text, design, musical score, choreography notes);
- An audio/visual sample of past work;
- A brief project budget (as relevant to this creator’s proposal);
- A current CV (or CV’s for a collective).
We also accept applications in other languages and verbal application processes. Please ask if this is relevant to your circumstances or arts practice.
Applications will be reviewed and recommended by a committee including: our Artistic Director; a Jumblies long-term associate theatre artist; a board member with a theatre/arts background.
Don’t forget to include 2 copies of the OAC Creator’s Reserve application form, downloadable from the OAC website.
Grant amounts: Our total Creator’s Reserve allocation is $5,000. We will consider allocations of up to $2,500 per applicant.
With questions: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416 203 8428.
Send applications to: Jumblies Theatre, 9 Second St., Wards Island, Toronto, ON, M5 J2A7.
Link to OAC Website