We have moved The Toronto Fringe application deadline earlier to November 18, 2009 (5PM) – Tell Your Friends!
For all interested artists and companies, applications for the Fringe are available on our website and for the first time can be submitted electronically.
For artists and producers, the Toronto Fringe is an exciting opportunity to showcase work which may not otherwise be seen. The Fringe has been a springboard for many artists to debut new work and has sent several productions to major theatre centers across Canada and even to award-winning Broadway runs.
To help indie artists, the festival provides a series of workshops that give artists and companies the tools they need to make their show a success. The Fringe also provides development opportunities through The Fringe Evolution Fund, various community initiatives and the Next Stage Theatre Festival.
The Toronto Fringe Festival set new records in 2009 with over 60 000 ticketed attendees and over $427 000 returned to the celebrated artists participating in the Festival.
To apply to the Toronto Fringe 2010 lottery, log on to fringetoronto.com and find the information under ‘For Artists’. Artists may apply online or download a hard-copy application form. Again, the new deadline for applications is November 18. The lottery will be held on November 30 at a location to be announced.
Companies that are selected to participate in the Fringe are provided with the following:
- scheduling of performances (seven performances, eight for FringeKids! at a variety of times
- a venue equipped with lights and sound
- a technician to assist in the running of your show
- full professional front of house service
- box office collection and support staff
- festival publicity
- 100% of the ticket revenue generated by the company
- production support (producing, publicity, stage management, design and technical seminars)
- an environment that facilitates an independent creative process and the opportunity to perform to a supportive audience.
BYOV Applications Are Now Available! Bring Your Own Venue (BYOV) spots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. This category is designed for site-specific works. For more information about the BYOV category call us at 416-966-1062 or 1-866-515-7799 (outside of Ontario).
The 2010 Fringe Festival will run from June 30 – July 11, 2010.
For more information on Toronto Fringe Applications, click here