Tenancy Opportunity for Professional Artists: Artscape Triangle Lofts Affordable Live/Work Rental Opportunities in the Queen Street West Community
Affordable. For The Arts. Forever. www.artscapetrianglelofts.ca
Artscape is pleased to announce the live/work studio rental process for professional artists at Artscape Triangle Lofts. Online registration for appointments opens March 23, 2010 with the first appointment taking place April 1, 2010.
Artscape Triangle Lofts is a new condominium development created with the specific purpose of preserving vital artist work and living space in the Queen West Triangle neighbourhood of Toronto. Scheduled for occupancy in August 2010, Artscape Triangle Lofts include a mix of affordable rental units for professional artists as well as below-market ownership units for artists and non-profit arts professionals. Artscape Triangle Lofts comprise the first three floors of the 18-story Westside Gallery Lofts condominium development.
Artscape acknowledges the tremendous leadership of the City of Toronto, and project partners Urbancorp and Active 18, in developing this new model. Without their support and commitment, Artscape Triangle Lofts would not be possible.
- Affordable rental rates established at 80 per cent of Canada Mortgage and Housing Canada (CMHC) Average Market Rent (AVR)
- A non-profit initiative that encourages a mixed-use community, supporting a range of incomes in the arts community
- Open exclusively to professional artists
- Developed for the arts community, governed by the arts community, owned by the arts community – forever
- Unit sizes ranging from 500 to 835 sq.ft.
- Monthly rental rates ranging from $607.20 to $884.80
- 10 foot ceiling height on floors, as per plan
- Created by a not-for-profit organization with 24 years experience
- In the heart of the arts: situated in the Queen West Triangle area close to The Theatre Centre, Gladstone Hotel, Drake Hotel, Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art (MOCCA) and the largest concentration of art galleries in Toronto
- Short move-in wait time: currently under construction with occupancy scheduled for August 2010
- Constructed to achieve LEED-certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) and environmentally sensitive in its materials and design
Qualification Process and Appointment Bookings
Detailed information including key dates and processes for online registration, qualifications and appointment bookings are available at www.artscapetrianglelofts.ca.
Artscape will hold two information sessions on March 17 and March 18, 2010 to explain the qualification and appointment booking process for professional artists interested in renting at Artscape Triangle Lofts. Details on time and location for the Information Sessions, along with RSVP details are available at www.artscapetrianglelofts.ca.
Located in the heart of Toronto’s Queen West Triangle neighbourhood, at Sudbury and Abell Streets (Queen St. W., east of Dufferin St.), Artscape Triangle Lofts is in an area long associated with Toronto’s creative community and home to many artists.
Ownership Wait List
All ownership units have been sold, however you can add your name to the wait list for resale opportunities. To add your name to the Artscape Triangle Lofts ownership wait list, please CLICK HERE to complete the online live/work application form.
Subscribe to Updates
Artists interested in receiving more information about space opportunities at Artscape Triangle Lofts, and members of the public interested in receiving updates about the project, can CLICK HERE to be taken to our subscriber form. Please check the Artscape Triangle Lofts box on the form to receive information specific to this project.
Established in 1986, Artscape is a not-for-profit, urban development organization that revitalizes buildings, neighbourhoods, and cities through the arts. Artscape projects provide affordable space for creativity while generating positive cultural, economic, social, and environmental impact. Artscape currently operates seven multi-tenant creative complexes in Toronto including the award-winning Artscape Wychwood Barns and studios in the Queen Street West, Liberty Village, Toronto Island and The Distillery Historic districts. Artscape’s current development projects include Artscape Shaw Street Centre, an ownership and rental work space project for artists and not-for-profit arts and community organizations in the West Queen West neighbourhood and the Regent Park Arts & Cultural Centre, located in the heart of the Regent Park community revitalization project. www.torontoartscape.on.ca