2011 marks the fourth installation of The Next Stage Theatre Festival, presented by The Toronto Fringe.
NSTF showcases new and reworked productions by eight of the hottest independent theatre companies who have previously produced an artistically successful production at a Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals member festival. In three years, Next Stage has received critical acclaim and established strong resources for independent companies looking to reach a wider audience and present their work in a more professional light than through the summer festival model. The 2011 Next Stage Festival will take place in January, (Jan 5 – 16, TBC)
NSTF is interested in projects from emerging and established theatre artists who are developing new work and/or exploring new artistic avenues. Preference will be given to artists who have received artistic or critical success with a previous production and could use this performance opportunity to maintain their artistic momentum. We welcome applications from artists who are including a variety of genres such as movement, musicals, opera, etc.
Note: Proposals of work by renowned international playwrights (eg. Beckett, Shakespeare) are not eligible.
What will Companies GET If Accepted into the Festival
- 9 performances over the course of the festival (making productions Dora Award eligible for TAPA members).
- A venue (100 or 200 seats) equipped with basic lighting and sound.
- The festival will provide one technician who will operate the lighting board. Companies must provide a stage manager to call their show and run sound.
- A five hour technical rehearsal.
- All front of house, box office and festival event publicity services.
- Some financial assistance for rehearsal space and access to a professional lighting designer.
- Limited travel assistance for national or international artists.
- There is no participation fee for successful candidates (only a reading fee of $30 is required for all submissions)
- Participating companies will receive 70% of the box office revenue generated by their performances (less any applicable taxes or service charges). Ticket prices range from $12-15 with some festival pass options.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY MAY 24th 2010, 5:00 PM
For more information please visit http://www.fringetoronto.com/nstf , call 416-966-1062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org