- Position Type: full-time salary
- Department: Box Office
- Start Date: August 16, 2010
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, a not for profit, professional theatre company dedicated to the promotion of Queer Canadian Culture, is accepting applications for the entry level position of: Assistant Box Office/Front of the House Manager.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to join the team at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, Canada’s Home for Queer Culture. Reporting to the Box Office/Front of House Manager Manager, the Assistant Box Office/Front of House Manager will be responsible for managing box office staff, order processing and overseeing general box office operations at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre.
- Promote high standards of customer service
- Process ticket orders
- Lead, train and supervise Ticket Agents
- Inform and uphold Box Office policy in alignment with organizational standards
- Manage and resolve medium level customer service concerns
- Support the Box Office Manager in the preparation of reports and schedules, as required
- Supervise day to day Box Office operations
- Assists with financial reconciliations and cash management
- Provide support and show specific information to all patrons in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to deal with customers in a positive manner
- Equivalent work experience and appreciation for the Arts
- Cash management experience required
- Must be dependable, punctual, team player
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Adept with PCs with Windows OS and MS Word and MS Excel software
- Is queer positive and is respectful of difference
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced, high stress environment
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 2 references by 5pm on July 2, 2010, EMAIL OR FAX to the attention of Chrystal Donbrath-Wright, Box Office Manager at 416-975-9293 or email@example.com.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest. All applicants will be contacted to confirm that we have received your submission. Only qualified candidates will be selected for an interview. No telephone inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is an equal opportunity employer