Opera Atelier, Canada’s Baroque Theatre Company, is seeking a dynamic individual to join its team of arts professionals as the Corporate Development and Special Events Manager. Now is an exciting time to be a part of Opera Atelier. We are about to enter our 25th anniversary season and have experienced a 30% increase in both subscriptions and donations in the last two years. Opera Atelier’s Annual Versailles Gala raised 46% more than budgeted in 2010.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Corporate Development and Special Events Manager will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and renewal of all corporate sponsors and donors and the management our main fundraising event, the Versailles Gala. In addition, this position will be responsible other OA fundraising events and activities as required.
The successful candidate will be a professional who has a sense of humour, boundless energy and enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic. The position requires someone who thrives on challenges, works well under pressure, is a good communicator, is a self-motivated team player, is well organized and is an expert at multi-tasking. A quick learner, the successful candidate will be able to take direction, has good judgment and grasps standard office technologies easily. An interest in opera or the arts is desirable.
- Identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship of corporate sponsors and donors
- Financial responsibilities including budget development, revenue and expense management
- Event management, from planning to day-of execution
- ticket sales and gifts-in-kind
- Management of Event Committee(s) and their activities
- Coordination of the design, production and distribution of all event related materials, including new media and promotions
- Development of and adherence to the critical path for each event
- Management of data for all event invitees, participants, suppliers, donors and sponsors
- Stewardship of all attendees, suppliers, donors and sponsors
- Work collaboratively with OA colleagues and volunteers including, but not limited to: artistic, production, facility operations, marketing
- Supervision of volunteers
- Supervision of interns or support staff
- University degree or comparable work experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in special events or corporate sponsorship, with emphasis on fundraising objectives
- Assertive but tactful
- Exceptional attention to detail and donor/sponsor fulfillment/stewardship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in motivating and working with senior volunteers
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Experience using fundraising software would be an asset
- Knowledge of the Toronto business community and Toronto “society”
- Previous experience with an arts organization
- An interest in opera
Please note that this position entails work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
The application deadline is Monday, May 31, 2010. Opera Atelier thanks, in advance, all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
Please respond in writing to:
Director of Development
157 King Street East, 4th Floor
Toronto, ON M5C 1G9
Applications by email or fax will not be accepted.