- Position Type: full-time salary
- Department: Box Office
- Start Date: August 16, 2010
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, a not for profit, professional theatre company dedicated to the promotion of Queer Canadian Culture, is accepting applications for the entry level position of: Assistant Box Office/Front of the House Manager.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to join the team at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, Canada’s Home for Queer Culture. Reporting to the Box Office/Front of House Manager Manager, the Assistant Box Office/Front of House Manager will be responsible for managing box office staff, order processing and overseeing general box office operations at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre.
- Promote high standards of customer service
- Process ticket orders
- Lead, train and supervise Ticket Agents
- Inform and uphold Box Office policy in alignment with organizational standards
- Manage and resolve medium level customer service concerns
- Support the Box Office Manager in the preparation of reports and schedules, as required
- Supervise day to day Box Office operations
- Assists with financial reconciliations and cash management
- Provide support and show specific information to all patrons in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to deal with customers in a positive manner
- Equivalent work experience and appreciation for the Arts
- Cash management experience required
- Must be dependable, punctual, team player
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Adept with PCs with Windows OS and MS Word and MS Excel software
- Is queer positive and is respectful of difference
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced, high stress environment
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 2 references by 5pm on July 2, 2010, EMAIL OR FAX to the attention of Chrystal Donbrath-Wright, Box Office Manager at 416-975-9293 or email@example.com.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest. All applicants will be contacted to confirm that we have received your submission. Only qualified candidates will be selected for an interview. No telephone inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is an equal opportunity employer
The Fringe is looking for individuals to help run the Festival from June 30th to July 11th. We need your help to make this Festival happen. It’s our biggest year yet. This is a great opportunity to get in touch with the Toronto Arts community. Plus you get to see plenty of cutting-edge theatre for FREE.
Volunteering at the Fringe means:
- A free ticket to a Fringe show for each shift worked
- Free Volunteer appreciation shows
- A free Fringe T-Shirt
- If you’re a student, every hour counts towards your Community Volunteer Hours
Don’t miss your chance to be a part of the biggest theatre festival in Canada.
Want to Sign up?
You can do it entirely online by visiting our website at: www.fringetoronto.com/volunteer
You can also email any questions to Kelly & Dan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lawyer Show-A Fundraising Event for Nightwood Theatre A Midsummer Night’s Dream
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Kelly Thornton
As the Artistic Director of Nightwood Theatre Kelly Thornton is thrilled to be directing the Toronto premiere of The Lawyer Show. Some of Nightwood’s sister theatre companies across the country have produced Lawyer Shows to great effect and Nightwood is so happy to have cornered the market here in Toronto. They are now into their third week of rehearsals and moving swiftly through the play. As far as fundraising initiatives go, this tops it for Thornton, ‘The energy and excitement this process has elicited is intoxicating. I absolutely love working with these lawyers and am amazed by how far they’ll go, how they’re throwing themselves into it headlong and how the results are showing on stage.” The company of 28 legal professionals is tackling the language and themes of A Midsummer Night’s Dream with great gusto.
Don’t miss this classic comedy re-envisioned in the BEAT era.
June 11, 8:00pm, June 12, 2:00pm and 8:00pm
Berkeley Street Theatre Downstairs
$60 (includes tax receipt)
TICKETS ON SALE NOW For tickets call 416.944.1740 x 5
Check out their Blog for more info!
POSTING #: EXT10-173
POSTING DATE: May 27, 2010
CLOSING DATE: June 4, 2010
JOB TITLE: Theatre Liaison Officer
LOCATION: Palmerston Branch/Fairview Branch/York Woods Branch
Branches – Theatre
STATUS: Permanent Part-Time
HOURS PER WEEK & SCHEDULE OF WORK: (Subject to change in accordance with Article 19) Variable and seasonal hours, including evenings and week-ends.
Under a designated supervisor, to maintain and coordinate all activities in the theatre spaces.
- Schedule all the activities for the theatre
- Arrange for and be present at pre-production meetings
- Be present for the arrivals and departures for each production, approving and accounting for each piece of equipment to be used
- Ensure proper and safe use of all equipment, internal and external, such as theatrical lighting systems, audio visual systems, curtain and masking systems, and all house facilities, and provide training for use of same
- Handle the equipment requests from all groups using the theatre
- Ensure the maintenance of the theatre and equipment and to order replacement equipment where necessary
- Coordinate established procedures in emergencies
- Train and supervise the on-call theatre technicians and arrange their schedules
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma or equivalent, diploma in theatre management from a community college or equivalent experience and education to include management, sound, lighting and rigging
- Understanding and appreciation of the philosophy of public service to all, in accordance with human rights legislation and the principles of equity and access in the delivery of library service
- Experience in production coordination, AV set up an asset
- Proven ability to organize and manage own work tasks, as well as supervision of others
- Ability to deal with the public with courtesy and tact
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, theatre production companies and the public
- Certification in Fall Arrest, Genie Lift an asset
- Knowledge, familiarity with the Ontario Fire Marshall Fire Code, WHMIS an asset
$23.78 – $26.86 per hour (2010 Rates)
Applications can be faxed to 416-395-5925 or sent via email to email@example.com
Personal information collected is used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
On Saturday, June 26, Carlos Bulosan Theatre and Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts & Culture will be hosting an unforgettable evening of theatre, music and dance, dance, dance! This joint fundraiser will feature Shotgun Wedding – A 90′s Musical Mixtape About Nine Months Of The Best Years Of Our Lives by Leonard Cervantes and will be followed by Prom Night ’93 with DJ Mensa. Mark your calendars now and get your prom gear on, it’s going to be an awesome evening - we’re dancing to the wee hours of the morning!
Check out the details below, can’t wait to see you there!
Carlos Bulosan Theatre and Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts & Culture present A Joint Fundraiser. Saturday June 26th 2010
SHOTGUN WEDDING by Leonard Cervantes
A 90’s MUSICAL MIXTAPE ABOUT NINE MONTHS OF THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES
Original Music By Kierscey Rand
Directed by Catherine Hernandez
Followed by PROM NIGHT ‘93 With DJ MENSA
Dresscode: 90’s Prom (Dress to impress)
7:30pm Doors, 8pm Show, 10pm Prom
- Unit C, 102 Ossington Avenue. Entrance is second alleyway off of Humbert
- Show & Prom $40
- Prom Only $20
At the Door
- Show & Prom $50
- Prom Only $25
You can purchase your advance tickets in person @ KAPISANAN:
- 167 Augusta Ave. Toronto
- 2 blks W of Spadina Ave, N off Dundas St.
- Hours: Wed-Fri 1pm-8pm Sat 1pm-6pm
Or you can purchase on Paypal:
- Merchant Name: Kapisanan Philippine Centre
- Secure Merchant ID 6GLE65XWEL3YQ
For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-979-0600