Mixed Company Theatre produces innovative, socially relevant drama as a tool for positive change. For over 25 years, this internationally recognized company has worked in schools, the community and the workplace. Mixed Company continues to use Forum Theatre and interactive arts to educate, engage and empower audiences.
The Outreach and Communications Coordinator is responsible for designing and implementing outreach, communications and marketing strategies to effectively promote and expand Mixed Company Theatre’s educational and social theatre programming throughout Ontario. This full-time entrepreneurial position plays a significant role within Mixed Company Theatre and reports directly to the General Manager. The Outreach and Communications Coordinator works closely with media, school boards, community organizations, and government officials to create awareness, successful programming and partnerships for the organization. This position also holds responsibility for logistical coordination of all educational tours across Ontario. The selected candidate will be resourceful and dynamic, capable of working in a fast-paced environment with a diverse team under tight time constraints. The position demands strong organizational skills, creative problem-solving and an entrepreneurial spirit and through support from the Ontario Trillium Foundation receives mentorship from an Audience and Resource Development Specialist.
- Liaising with community organizations, government advisors, school boards and committees to promote educational tours.
- Researching new opportunities to represent the company at events, conferences, exhibits, etc
- Coordinating Educational tours across Ontario
- Creating electronic and print promotional materials for tours, workshops, performances, showcases and events
- Creating and editing company newsletter published three times per year
- Writing and distributing weekly press releases; drafting media pitches
- Updating the Company website and social media portals
- Acting as media liaison – setting up interviews, drafting backgrounders, preparing media kits and briefing notes
- Researching potential grants, opportunities, partnerships and networks
- Editing and assisting with grants, interim and final reports for funders
- Maintaining and improving the Company Contact Database (Sumac)
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience, preferably in the arts field, plus completion of post-secondary education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet targets and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to network, build and maintain community contacts
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a small team
- Demonstrated confidence required to represent the company in meetings, networking sessions, showcases and media
- Proven research and analytical skills
- Required Computer skills: extensive experience with Microsoft Office and Google Calendar
- Preferred Computer skills: experience with Contact Management Software (Sumac), HTML Editors (Seamonkey), Web Site Development (Contribute), Social Networking (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube)
- Occasional access to a vehicle and valid Class G drivers license an asset
- Degree in Communications, Marketing or Arts Management an asset
Salary Range: under review
Deadline for application: Sunday, July 4, 2010
Send Resume to: Ainsley Skye, Outreach and Communications Coordinator
Email: email@example.com, Fax: 416.515.9251
No telephone inquiries please. All submissions are considered confidential. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted no later than July 12, 2010. Interviews will be held between July 12-15, 2010. We appreciate all applications and regret we are able to respond only to those selected for interview. Mixed Company Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.