Deadline 5pm, Thursday, January 13, 2011
Sponsored by the Artists’ Health Centre/Toronto Western Hospital and the Artists’ Health Centre Foundation
Professional artists of all disciplines are invited to submit proposals for Art in the Atrium, a monthly lunchtime performance series that takes place in the atrium of Toronto Western Hospital, 399 Bathurst St. (at Dundas) in Toronto.
Performances should be one hour in length and can include one or more artistic disciplines. Submissions could be anything from a jazz trio to dance to circus to spoken word – all art forms are welcome.
Prior to submitting, applicants are encouraged to visit the atrium at Toronto Western Hospital in order to use the space creatively in their proposals. Limited technical support is available.
The performances are free and open to the general public, staff, patients and visitors to the hospital. Because of the nature of the venue and the diverse audience, mature themes and coarse language should be avoided.
- Describe your performance piece, maximum 500 words.
- Include a brief biography, maximum of 250 words, of the artist(s) involved and contact information for the key contact for the submission.
- Submissions may be made by email (preferred) or hard copy. Hard copy submissions will not be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope.
- Include all technical specifications and requirements.
- Please include fee expectations.
- Please include any other information or support material that the committee might find helpful in assessing your proposal (websites etc).
- By submitting an application, you agree that if selected, your work may be reproduced/recorded for promotional and marketing efforts in advance of the exhibition and beyond for a period of up to five years by any of the sponsoring organizations.
Please send submissions to:
Art in the Atrium Submission Committee
The Artists’ Health Centre Foundation
250 The Esplanade, suite 500
Toronto, ON M5A 1J2
firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line “Art in the Atrium” Submission