LKTYP is Canada’s largest theatre for young audiences and currently produces and presents an 8-play season with an audience of 80,000+. Housed at a renovated, historical venue in Toronto, LKTYP works on a 468-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio stage. Its operating budget is approximately $3.5 million. The work culture at LKTYP encourages ingenuity, team-work, and an atmosphere of learning. LKTYP’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.
LKTYP is currently searching for candidates to fill the positions of Part-Time Front of House Manager and Usher, both reporting to LKTYP’s full-time Front of House Manager. The Part-Time Front of House Manager will manage front of house operations as scheduled by the full-time Front of House Manager, along with some ushering responsibilities. Ushers will work front-line to ensure that our patrons are safe, comfortable and most of all happy with their theatre experience at LKTYP.
These are part-time seasonal positions from September to May, with the possibility of extending into June depending on theatre rentals. We are looking for enthusiastic, confident, dependable, and dedicated individuals who are able to work part-time on weekdays and/or weekends. Some evening work may be required.
Part-Time Front of House Manager
- Ensuring that patrons are seated in a safe, efficient and timely manner and that performances begin on time.
- Providing effective customer service and efficient, proactive solutions for customers’ needs.
- Supervision of paid and volunteer ushering staff.
- Assisting with implementing special events as needed, light lifting required.
- Managing concession and merchandise sales.
- Assisting with coordinating front of house needs with the Production, Box Office, Education & Participation, Sales and Development departments.
- Maintaining and supervising appropriate health and safety, building security and emergency procedures.
- Ensuring that the Front of House is kept in a professional and presentable state at all times.
- Greeting, ticket taking, program distribution, providing directional assistance to patrons.
- Seating of patrons and school groups (both general admission and assigned seating).
- Assist with the execution of appropriate health and safety, building security and emergency procedures.
- Selling concession and merchandise as assigned.
- Special event assistance.
- Light custodial duties.
Part-Time Front of House Manager & Usher
- Organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and creative team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior relevant experience.
- Experience and enjoyment in dealing with children.
- Positive, pro-active and personable.
LKTYP is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Interested parties should apply with cover letter and resumé, detailing all relevant experience to:
Part-Time Front of House Manager & Usher Search
165 Front Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 3Z4
Candidates who wish only to be considered for the Usher position are asked to indicate so on their application.
Applications must be received by February 4th, 2011.
While we thank everyone who applies, only those selected for an interview