Employment Opportunity – Contract
We are currently looking for a contract Accounting Coordinator. The term of the contract is expected to be approximately 12 months for maternity leave coverage, with the possibility of extension. The ideal candidate will primarily be responsible for Event Settlements and maintenance of the Accounts Receivable sub ledger. The incumbent will also be performing Accounts Payable duties until March 2011 and Accounting Coordinator responsibilities starting May 2011. He /she will assist the Finance Manager in ensuring thorough preparation of controlled test data for system user acceptance tests and related evaluation of results.
- Prepare and issue invoices.
- Reconcile the sub ledger to the general ledger control account monthly
- Enter invoices and deposits into AR Module and prepare weekly sub ledger reports
- Follow up with various department contacts, regarding outstanding Accounts Receivable
- Review and complete rental and catering settlements, including shows at GGS and Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- Ensure compliance with contracts, tax rulings, charitable status, SOCAN and other obligations
- Prepare and post related journal entries including accruals and reversals
- Prepare cheque requisitions and/or invoices as required
- Maintain the event settlements for all venues
General Ledger Responsibilities
- Prepare and post journal entries in General Ledger.
- Prepare General Ledger/Event Ledger reconciliations as assigned
- Identify and recommend ways to improve business processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or college diploma in Accounting, enrollment in CGA or CMA program is a definite asset
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience in a computerized environment
- Intermediate knowledge of MS office applications, especially Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, team player
- Ability to get things done in time and work under deadline pressure
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Experience with ACCPAC AP Module would be an asset
- Prior working knowledge on system implementation preferred
Application Deadline: February 15, 2011
Please forward applications and/or resumes by fax or email to:
Human Resources Manager
The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall
60 Simcoe St. Toronto, ON M5J 2H5
Email – email@example.com Fax – (416) 593-4224
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.