The Theatre Centre is seeking a Box Office Representative. The position is part-time (evening and weekend), on an as-needed basis. All shifts are a minimum of 5 hours. Box Office staff report to The Theatre Centre’s Marketing Director.
Duties are as follows:
- Handle Advance ticket sales
- Manage and handle in-person door sales
- Process phone and online ticket orders
- Keep accurate record of sales
- Capture accurate marketing data
- Supervision of volunteer ushering staff during your shift
- Providing effective customer service and efficient, proactive solutions for customers’ needs
- Assist with the execution of appropriate health and safety, building security and emergency procedures.
- Ensuring that the Front of House is kept professional and presentable
- Report any concerns or problems to the Marketing Director
- Assist as required with other Box Office work
- Participate in staff meetings when required
Experience and Skills required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive, pro-active and personable
- Organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and creative team player
- Ability to keep calm and collected in a hectic environment
- Computer skills such as excel, word and database entry skills
- Flexible schedule.
Experience in customer relations and cash handling is a requirement. The ideal candidate will also have familiarity with ticketing systems. Box Office training will be given to the candidate.
About The Theatre Centre:
Established in 1979, The Theatre Centre is a not-for-profit organization currently located in the heart of Toronto’s West Queen West neighbourhood. The Theatre Centre develops, presents and produces new work that seeks to challenge, inspire, provoke and push the boundaries of live contemporary performance.
More information can be found at www.theatrecentre.org.
The Theatre Centre is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Interested parties should apply to Ruth Waters, Marketing Director, email@example.com, with a resume and cover letter. No phone calls or faxes, please. Applications must be received by Friday February 11, 2011.
We thank all applicants for their interest in The Theatre Centre; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.