The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall is a registered charitable not-for-profit organization operating two of Canada’s premier concert halls. The Corporation was established in 1983 to manage both Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall. Founded on the legacy of Massey Hall’s central role in the vitality of Toronto’s cultural life, the present Corporation’s mission is to present a diverse schedule of Canadian and international performing artists of the highest quality from classical and jazz to lectures, world music and dance, and rock. Over 400 artistic productions are produced, marketed, and staged at the Halls every year. In addition to events at these two Halls, we also present concert events at other venues in the city and operate as box office for the Glenn Gould Studio events, all of which are represented on our website. Roy Thomson Hall is home to the Toronto Symphony Orchestra and the gala screenings of the Toronto International Film Festival as well as being the venue of choice for numerous corporate and private functions.
We are currently looking for a full-time Digital Marketing Associate. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the incumbent will be part of a dynamic 3-staff member marketing team that is also part of an integrated marketing/development/publicity department. The Digital Marketing Associate is responsible for assisting the Marketing Manager in the overall planning and execution of all online/digital show marketing initiatives for 3 subscription series and over 80 single ticket risk presentations per season. This position is also responsible for maintaining the company’s website that includes all events at the two main Halls as well as all ticketed events at Glenn Gould Studio, the technical maintenance of the corporate blog (Soundboard.ca) as well as other online/digital programs and initiatives including the venue’s digital signage.
- Assists the Marketing Manager in the planning and execution of show and corporate online/digital marketing campaigns
- Develops, executes and reports on e-marketing initiatives including: FriendsFirst (membership) email show announcements, email club communications, show promotions, and e-newsletter. Email marketing constitutes approimately 45% of this position.
- Updates and maintains all of the web properties as required with time sensitive information such as new event announcements and on sales with attention to accuracy and detail. Website updates and maintenance constitutes approximately 35% of this position.
- Assists in planning, and coordinates functional and design changes to the Corporation’s website
- Coordinates with external supplier for outside electronic sign message content creation and scheduling; creates and manages content of the Box Office LCD screen. Constitutes approximately 15% of this position.
- Provides technical and creative support to other areas within the department (i.e. publicity, development)
- Post-secondary education
- Experience with website content management systems (currently using ModX and WordPress), web-design and html coding, CSS, and Google analytics, and email marketing systems (currently utilizing Pacmail, a component of ticketing system, Paciolan).
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and experience with Flash design is an asset), Sony Vegas and Soundforge (or similar audio and video editing programs)
- Proven design capabilities and competent marketing communications and online marketing skills
- Process and detail orientated with good communications skills (written and oral).
- Ability to perform well under deadline in a multi-task oriented environment
- Experience in the performing arts/entertainment/music industry an asset
Application Deadline: Friday, February 25, 2011 Please forward your resume and cover letter by fax or email to:
Human Resources Manager, The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall, 60 Simcoe St. Toronto, ON M5J 2H5
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax 416-593-4224
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.