Nightwood Theatre is seeking 1 part time production assistant for our upcoming fundraising production. The role would be ideal for those looking to build their experience in the area of stage management.
Previous interns with Nightwood are welcome to apply.
- From March 22 to June 5 attend rehearsals on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:30pm – 9:00pm and Sundays from 5:00pm -8:30pm.
- Be available from June 6-June 11, 2011 for the tech week with shows on Thursday June 9 at 8pm, Friday June 10 at 8pm and Saturday June 11 at 2pm and 8pm.
- There is some flexibility in shifts during the rehearsal process, please speak to Hilary Green if you have questions (contact info below)
- Assisting the Stage Manager in setting up the rehearsal hall and recording cues in a prompt script.
- Cueing the actors to go on stage.
- Helping to maintain props and costumes.
- Presetting props and costumes during rehearsal and performances.
- Intermediate skills in Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in stage management or a post secondary degree in theatre preferred.
To Apply for any of this position please send your resume and 2 references to Hilary Green, Associate Producer.
email@example.com by March 4, 2011.
* Please note that an integral part of Nightwood’s mandate is train and mentor young women in the arts. All of these positions are non-paying.