Reporting to the Director of Finance, the summary for this position is as follows;
- General Accounting and Budgeting
- Month End Process; including Journal Entry preparation and posting
- Tax Reporting
- Account Analysis
- Year End Process
- Assisting with Accounting duties as required by the Director of Finance
This position is further broken down, but not limited to the following tasks:
General Accounting and Budgeting:
- Monitors revenue and expenses for all department accounts; ensures expenditure control and compliance with city reporting requirements, company policies and standard accounting practices.
- Constructs routine spreadsheet applications, prepares financial data for input into financial systems, generate reports which may include interest or depreciation.
- Analyzes, reconciles balances and maintains accounting records; develops special financial reports.
- Ensures all accounts are balanced, timely payment of bills and/or remittances and all daily deposits are prepared.
- Works closely with the Director of Finance in preparing Financial Statements; including the Annual Operating Budget.
Month End Process:
- Co-ordinates, posts and verifies Journal Entry information from a variety of sources such as the Box Office, Front of House and Accounting Departments.
- Verifies bank statements.
- Audits Food and Beverage inventories.
- Posts entries and prepares the trial balance.
- Run Customized statements for review of monthly results.
- Prepares and reports HST information, remits payments to Licensees and reports quarterly to Revenue Canada.
- Analyzes a variety of General Ledger Accounts, such as the Canada Pension Payable, Sales Tax Payable, A/R, A/P and Payroll Accounts, and prepares adjusting journal entries if necessary.
- Analyzes variances in the financial statements and provides justification or explanations.
- Prepares worksheets for Fixed Assets, Investments, Furniture and Property Improvement.
Year End Process:
- Prepares all worksheets for the Year End Audit Process; ensuring all previous Year End totals are accurate.
- Supports the Director of Finance during the Annual Audit process, providing explanations for any variances in accounts.
- Assists in the Year End payroll and T4 process, ensuring all earnings are accurate; including pension reporting.
Minimum Requirements and Experience:
- College diploma in Accounting OR accreditation in a professional accounting program.
- A minimum of 5 years experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of standard accounting principles, methods and applications.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting budgeting and cost control procedures.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statement and projections, using a variety or resources.
- Ability to set up and maintain financial accounts and ledgers.
- Problem solving, time management, and communication skills necessary.
- Detail oriented.
- Superior skills in Excel.
- Self motivated, team player and able to work independently as well.
This is a full time position; working mainly days but must maintain a flexible schedule to work the occasional evening, weekend or holiday.
CLOSING DATE: March 21, 2011
Please forward resumes, with salary expectations, and cover letter to Ingrid Jones, Human Resources Coordinator; email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (416) 947-1387, or mail to 27 Front Street East, Toronto, ON M5E 1B4, no later than Monday March 21, 2011.