Tarragon Theatre is one of Canada’s oldest and most respected mid-sized theatres and is a leader in the field of new Canadian plays. Tarragon Theatre is dedicated to discovering and mentoring artists who tell Canadian stories. We operate two theatres: the Mainspace Theatre with 205 seats and the ExtraSpace Theatre with 110 seats, plus three studio spaces and a carpentry, wardrobe and props shop. Tarragon produces a 10 month season of plays, public workshops, readings and artistic development work. We produce between 7 and 10 shows each season. In addition to work in our own theatre Tarragon also tours productions nationally.
Tarragon Theatre is seeking a Production Manager for a parental leave contract. We are looking for an individual with a strong background in theatre to supervise all production and building maintenance related activities for Tarragon Theatre.
Duties of the Production Manager include but are not limited to:
- Create and manage production budgets
- In consultation with the Technical Director hire all contract production staff
- Create and manage production schedules
- Administer all design and stage management contracts
- Administer staff relations
- In cooperation with Technical Director provide supervision for technical rehearsals and work calls
- Supervise all production staff
- Supervise and arrange all logistics for all tours and co-productions
- Create and manage building maintenance budgets
- In consultation with Building Manager, schedule and supervise all outside contractors necessary for the maintenance of the theatre’s physical plant
- Create and administer all maintenance contracts for the up-keep of the theatre’s physical plant
- Act as liaison and resource for all building improvements and renovations
The ideal candidate will have:
- A university or college degree in theatre production or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience as a production manager
- Experience supervising staff and artisans
- Extensive experience managing budgets
- IT Literacy – AutoCAD or Vectorworks, advanced MS Office Skills
- Excellent communication skills
This is a contract full-time post with the Tarragon Theatre. The dates of employment are July 25th, 2011 - November 4th, 2011. Standard business hours plus expectation of evening and weekend hours as required by production and event schedules.
Reply by email to General Manager Camilla Holland at email@example.com Applications should include a cover letter and resume. Applications must be received by Friday May 20, 2011.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Tarragon Theatre; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tarragon believes in equal opportunities in the arts for everyone. We welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures and backgrounds.