Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts (TAPA), in partnership with Theatre Passe Muraille, Factory Theatre and Tarragon Theatre, introduce the second Off-Bathurst Theatre District event Spring Theatre Marathon 2011.
Back by popular demand after the inaugural Theatre Marathon in November of 2010, theatre enthusiasts are invited to participate in the only marathon where you don’t break a sweat!
The Spring Theatre Marathon takes place on Saturday, April 16, 2011 and offers Torontonians three amazing plays in just one day along the Off-Bathurst Theatre District corridor. The Spring Theatre Marathon features a compelling production from each of the participating theatre’s current season and a delicious dinner at Diverso by Ferraro 502 restaurant on Dupont Avenue.
- 1:30PM Marathon registration and swag at Theatre Passe Muraille
- 2:00PM Performance of The Last 15 Seconds
- 3:30PM Quick sprint to Factory Theatre
- 4:00PM Performance of Night
- 5:30PM Marathon Shuttle Bus to Bathurst and Dupont
- 6:00PM Rest stop at Diverso by Ferraro 502 on Dupont Avenue
- 7:30PM Final dash to Tarragon Theatre
- 8:00PM Performance of After Akhmatova
- 9:30PM Final stretching and rehydration post-show in lobby
The Spring Theatre Marathon concludes post-show in the Tarragon Theatre lobby with cocktails and time to converse, reflect and rehydrate on this unique theatrical event!
“Three plays (all very different) at three theatres with best seats reserved… add a great meal with stimulating conversation with interesting people – can’t think of a better way to spend a day!”, said previous Marathon participant Jonathan Giggs, of the inaugural Off-Bathurst Theatre District Marathon 2010.
Spring Theatre Marathon tickets are on sale now for only $90.00 (including dinner at Diverso by Ferraro 502). Special rates are available for subscribers to participating theatres. Non-dinner option also available. To reserve tickets, purchase in person at T.O. TIX – Toronto’s Official One-Stop Ticket Shop located in Yonge-Dundas Square, online at www.totix.ca or by phone 416-596-8220.
The purpose of the RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards is to provide national recognition to Canada’s women entrepreneurs, whose successful businesses and achievements contribute so much to the Canadian and global economies as well as to their communities.
Awards are presented in
- The Deloitte Start-up Award
- The HKMB Hub Impact Award
- The RBC Momentum Award
- The TPH Sustainability Award
- The Bell Trailblazer Award
- The PROFIT Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship
Deadline for Nominations: June 16, 2011
NSTF showcases new and reworked productions by eight of the hottest independent theatre companies who have previously produced an artistically successful production at a Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals member festival. In four years, Next Stage has received critical acclaim and established strong resources for independent companies looking to reach a wider audience and present their work in a more professional light than the summer festival model.
Next Stage Theatre Festival Eligibility
- Applicant(s) (company, primary contact or playwright) must have previously produced an artistically successful production in a Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals’ member festival.
- New original plays, remounted or reworked productions, original adaptations and site specific proposals are eligible BUT proposals of work by renowned international playwrights (eg. Beckett, Shakespeare) are not eligible.
NSTF is interested in projects from emerging and established theatre artists who are developing new work and/or exploring new artistic avenues. Preference will be given to artists who have received artistic or critical success with a previous production and could use this performance opportunity to maintain their artistic momentum. We encourage applications from artists who are including a variety of genres such as movement, musicals, opera, etc.
What will Companies GET If Accepted into the Festival
- 9 performances over the course of the festival (making productions Dora Award eligible for TAPA members).
- A venue (100 or 200 seats) equipped with basic lighting and sound. Each company will have a maximum of four lighting specials.
- The festival will provide one technician who will operate the lighting board. We require companies to supply a stage manager to call their show and run sound.
- A 5-6 hour technical rehearsal.
- All front of house, box office and festival event publicity services.
- Some financial assistance for rehearsal space and access to a professional lighting designer, as well as some assistance with TAPA membership fees.
- Limited travel assistance for national or international artists.
- There is no participation fee for successful candidates
- Participating companies will receive 70% of the box office revenue generated by their performances (less any applicable taxes or service charges). Ticket prices range from $12-15 with some festival pass options.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
The Application Deadline is Friday May 27th 2011, 5:00 PM
Full application information is available at http://fringetoronto.com/nstf/nstf_apply.html
2012 marks the fifth installation of The Next Stage Theatre Festival, presented by The Toronto Fringe. NSTF runs in the first weeks of January, exact dates TBC