Tarragon Theatre is looking for two enthusiastic individuals to be our Apprentice Stage Managers for the 2011/2012 Season. Our Apprentice Stage Managers work closely with the Equity Stage Managers of each production learning their trade from experienced professionals, while acquiring show credits to become Equity members themselves. Tarragon hires two apprentices each season, one of whom will apprentice on two productions, while the other apprentice works on three productions. This is a fantastic learning opportunity for the right individual.
- College or University level education or equivalent experience.
- Stage management experience either as a Stage Manager, Assistant or Apprentice
- Ability to handle physical tasks
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A strong interest in theatre.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- A strong interest in stage management as a career choice.
- One or two Equity Apprentice SM credits
- An excellent sense of humour, a willingness to learn, and an easy-going demeanor
Reply by email to Michael Freeman, Production Manager at email@example.com. Applications should include a cover letter and resume. No phone calls or faxes, please. Applications must be received by May 9th, 2011. We thank all applicants for their interest in Tarragon Theatre; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tarragon Theatre is one of Canada’s oldest and most respected mid-sized theatres and is a leader in the field of new Canadian plays. Tarragon Theatre is dedicated to discovering and mentoring artists who tell Canadian stories. Tarragon believes in equal opportunities in the arts for everyone. We welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures and backgrounds. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.tarragontheatre.com