New Toronto based World Class Singers Ensemble Interested individuals should contact : Director.Ensemble@gmail.com
***Only Email Requests for Audition will be considered. Personal auditions and interviews are being conducted for this Ensemble. A very high level of singing, presenting vocal music that encompasses many genres, including world music, classical, broadway, jazz and more.
ENSEMBLE VOICE TYPES INCLUDE :
Two concert programs are planned for the first season with the possibility of additional performances. Talented amateurs and professionals alike are encouraged to audition. Please include in your email any information/materials that would be instrumental in the selection process. Concert performances may involve some short term travel. Serious individuals only apply! The rehearsals commence the first Wednesday at 7 p.m. after Labour Day weekend in September. There will be one weekly rehearsal. The rehearsal location is located one block east of the Queen & Yonge subway station in downtown Toronto. Auditions will take place through until the beginning of September. Interested singers should try to schedule an audition asap since they have already commenced. More info will be offered as the selection process nears its completion.
Enthusiastic singers with a passion for creating consumate vocal music and artistry is necessary. It is advantageous to possess excellent sight-reading skills and a full range of vocal colors while demonstrating technical ability to sing as a soloist and within a group. An attitude of collegial respect, engaging personality, malleability and musicality combine with true committment with a shared common vision to create world class performances!
The basis of the Ensemble is to promote music & culture in and beyond Canada. Members will enjoy an intensive rehearsal environment that is positive and results oriented. Our goal is to create harmonic vocal ensemble music that is of the greatest artistic excellence with a central value and mission of fostering musical culture within and beyond Toronto on an international level.
This new Ensemble is led by Artistic Director, International Conductor, Tenor & Composer – Douglas J. Rice.
Company Website is currently under construction.
Theatre Caravel’s FREE GYM Event: MASK AND CHARACTER BASED COMEDY with Teodoro Dragonieri — June, 17th
June 17, 2011 4 – 7pm
Tapestry New Opera Studio
Participant Limit: 20
To reserve your spot: email@example.com
“Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he shall tell the truth” Oscar Wilde
This workshop will focus on character development through the use of masks. We will experience how character in action engenders plot. Through the use of grotesque, jughead and traditional Commedia dell’ Arte masks, participants will explore physicality, speech, gestures, mannerisms, and the power of silence and stillness.
About Teodoro Dragonieri
Teodoro Dragonieri is a multi-disciplinary artist and educator who has initiated, developed and coordinated many critically acclaimed and award-winning arts programs for all levels of education, museums, arts organizations, developmentally disabled individuals, the Aboriginal community, at-risk and street-cultured youth. He has presented lectures, workshops and exhibited internationally. His art, research and work as a curator reflect his interest with the function of the artist in society, the role of creativity, “Carnival” as a common thread in various cultures and the role of the mask in theatre. He is co-founder and artistic director of Zanni Arte, a company dedicated to developing multi-disciplinary arts initiatives and the use of masks in theatre and education. Teodoro has worked for the National Arts Centre, Theatre Ontario, Soulpepper Theatre Company, Tarragon Theatre, Luminato Arts Festival, Harbourfront Centre, Ontario Institute of Studies in Education, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, Sheridan College, Humber College, McMichael Canadian Art Collection and the Art Gallery of Ontario. He is the recipient of several Exemplary Practices Awards for Arts Programming, The Harold: Toronto’s Independent Theatre and Dance Award and the Theatre Ontario Michael Spence Award.
Theatre Ontario is a member-driven arts service organization with a unique mandate: to develop and support theatre practitioners across the province by providing resources, networking, training and advocacy for both the professional and community theatre sectors.
Theatre Ontario’s Board of Directors seeks an energetic and innovative Executive Director with a strong commitment to the health and vitality of our Ontario theatre community. Theatre Ontario’s Executive Director is a hands-on manager, providing leadership and direction to staff, and has the vision necessary to lead the organization into the next phase of its growth. The ideal candidate is skilled at relationship and community building, revenue development and is aware of the artistic and political climate facing theatre across the province and Canada. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the candidate is strong on financial management, adept at written and oral communication, and creative in delivering a range of programs that serve theatre and theatre artists across the province. This candidate encourages partnerships with other arts service organizations in advocating for and on behalf of theatre, in addressing cultural and political issues, whenever and wherever possible.
- Working closely with a 15-member board composed of representatives from many segments and regions of the Ontario theatre community.
- Managing Theatre Ontario’s finances including grant applications, regular reporting to funders and sponsors, and developing and managing the organization’s annual budget.
- Overseeing fundraising activities and being an active member of the Revenue Generation Committee, chaired by the Treasurer.
- Acting as a spokesperson and advocate on behalf of the organization, its members and the Ontario theatre community at large.
- Implementing the current strategic plan in partnership with the board and staff.
- Planning and managing the day-to-day operations of Theatre Ontario.
- Supervising, developing and leading the organization’s personnel.
- Identifying opportunities and working partnerships that further goals and objectives of the organization’s new strategic objectives.
- Flexibility to travel around the province and attend occasional Board and Committee meetings on evenings and weekends as required.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional arts administration / management experience in either professional or community theatre.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Arts Management, Fund Raising or similar degree/diploma, or equivalent work experience in the field.
- Knowledge and passion for the theatre community across Ontario.
- Recognized leadership in the arts community that invites and stimulates partnerships with funders, sponsors and colleagues.
- Expert knowledge and proven experience in annual planning, grant-writing and revenue generation from a variety of sources including both earned and contributed revenue.
- Experience in financial reporting and accounting practices in the charitable sector.
- Strong organizational skills that include managing multiple assignments and workload distribution in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent command of English in both written and oral communication. French is an asset.
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience
Please submit your letter of interest with salary expectations and resume by email by Friday, July 8, 2011 at 5 PM to:
Kate McConnell / Theatre Ontario E.D. Search – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted for interviews.
Theatre Ontario is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity and invites applications from all qualified individuals.