Ticketmaster Canada invites applications for Box Office Sales Staff at the Sony Centre For The Performing Arts. These are multiple part-time positions subject to activity levels. A variety of shifts are available including weekdays, evenings and weekends.
The position will appeal to those seeking a flexible schedule with a personal interest in the performing arts.
The Sony Centre For The Performing Arts, with a capacity of 3,191 seats, is the largest proscenium arch theatre in Canada. Located in Toronto, Canada, the Centre is host to an eclectic mix of entertainment that caters to Greater Toronto’s diverse multi-cultural community. The theatre opened its doors in 1960 as the O’Keefe Centre with the world premiere of Camelot. Since that year, it has played host to some of the world’s most famous artists. The Centre presents a broad range of music, theatre and dance attractions.
The Sony Centre underwent an extensive renovation and restoration program and re-opened in October 2010 with its 50th Anniversary season. The Centre’s programming reflects the diversity of Toronto, which the United Nations has recently described as the most culturally diverse city in the world: 232 distinct cultures live harmoniously within its limits.
The Centre is recognized as an industry leader in both customer and client service. As a Theatre of the 21st Century, the Centre utilizes state-of-the-art technologies and channels to maximize ticket sales. The Centre uses Ticketmaster’s Archtics and host ticketing systems.
Box Office Sales staff are employed by Ticketmaster Canada and report to the Ticket Services Manager and Assistant Box Office Manager.
Box Office Sales staff provides exceptional service to the public through in-person sale of tickets, memberships and gift certificates in a computerized Box Office environment. Box Office Sales staff are expected to proactively sell performances, programs and amenities of the Sony Centre in a professional and friendly manner.
Box Office Sales staff will also provide “will-call” ticket pick-up services, administrative and project support as required, and respond to customer enquiries in person and via telephone.
TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
The ideal candidates will have:
- experience with the Ticketmaster host system – REQUIRED
- knowledge of the arts and entertainment industry and event ticketing
- excellent verbal and writing skills in English
- a positive outlook and enthusiasm for the activities of the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts.
- experience with the Ticketmaster Archtics system – an asset
- experience with cash handling and transaction processing – an asset
- knowledge of computerized ticket sales systems and the Microsoft Office suite of programs including Word, Excel and basic office equipment
- a functional second language other than English (Cantonese, Hindi, Russian, etc) – an asset
- strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, including demonstrated customer service skills
- exceptional attention to detail
- a natural self-motivation and an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic work environment
- the ability to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays as required
EDUCATION & CAREER PATH LEADING TO THIS POSITION:
Box Office Sales staff will have a minimum of a secondary school diploma. Experience in a sales and customer service position is an asset.
Ticketmaster provides compensation on an hourly basis.
Please send resume and cover letter no later than Friday August 5th, 2011, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (please note Box Office Sales Staff in subject line)
Box Office Sales Staff Position
Sony Centre For The Performing Arts
1 Front Street East
Canada M5E 1B2
No telephone or agency enquiries, please. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.