Theatre Ontario invites applications for the position of Community Theatre Coordinator to commence November 2011. This is a part-time employee position.
Theatre Ontario is a provincial arts service organization serving individuals and organizations from the professional, community, and educational theatre sectors of Ontario. Founded in 1971, Theatre Ontario, is celebrating 40 years of developing and supporting theatre practitioners across the province, by providing: professional development and training programs; career counseling; publications; online resources; and networking. Theatre Ontario in partnership with other arts organizations, advocates on behalf of Ontario’s theatre community.
Theatre Ontario seeks a motivated and independent individual who is familiar with the theatre environment of Ontario. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, as well as demonstrated skills in production and management within the community theatre sector.
- Acts as information resource for individual and group members of Theatre Ontario from the community theatre sector;
- Promotes Theatre Ontario’s programs and services within the community theatre sector (in cooperation with the Communications Coordinator, Education Coordinator, Membership Clerk, and other staff);
- Acts as staff advisor and Secretary for the Community Theatre Committee.
- Acts as staff administrator for the annual Theatre Ontario Festival;
- Maintains liaison with the regional and local hosts of the Festival;
- Attends meetings of the Festival Committee as needed.
- Attends the annual Theatre Ontario Festival and regional (ACT-CO, EODL, QUONTA, WODL) full-length and one-act festivals as assigned by the Executive Director;
- Attends regional (ACT-CO, EODL, QUONTA, WODL) board and executive meetings as needed;
- Attends at least one community theatre event in each region each year.
- Attends the Toronto office of Theatre Ontario at least once every two weeks and more often as necessary;
- Attends Theatre Ontario staff meetings when called;
- Provides monthly expense claims and invoices of hours worked to the Executive Director.
- Supervises Theatre Ontario’s Adjudicator Training Program including organizing courses, Adjudicator Symposia, and trial adjudications;
- Monitors and helps maintain Theatre Ontario’s website lists of adjudicators, workshop leaders, and mentors.
- Writes a regular community theatre column;
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
While the head office of Theatre Ontario is located in Toronto, the successful candidate can be based remotely provided e-mail and telephone communication is available. Travel throughout the province is anticipated. This position has a very flexible schedule as the work week varies from as little as 4 hours per week up to 40 hours depending on the season. We anticipate an average of 520 hours per annum.
Interested candidates should forward a covering letter with resume and salary expectations to:
Community Theatre Coordinator Search Committee Suite 215, 210 Spadina Avenue Toronto ON M5T 2C7
Application Deadline is October 16, 2011.
For more information, please contact Carol Beauchamp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.408.4556 x.11.