Equity Showcase Theatre, Director Kevin McCormick , launches the Fall season of the professional development program.
Highlights include ;
- The return of the popular Classical Theatre Lab with Peter Van Wart
- The Directors and Actors Master Class with Kate Lynch
- Voice Intensive Training with David Smukler
- The Miller Performance project with Rod Ceballos
- Rosemary Dunsmore’s Scene Study Master Class
- And more
Go to www.equityshowcase.ca for all the details
Young People’s Theatre (YPT), now in it’s 46th season, is Canada’s largest theatre for young audiences and currently produces and presents an 8-play season with an audience of up to 80,000+. Housed at a renovated, historical venue in Toronto, YPT works on a 468-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio stage. Its operating budget is approximately $3.5 million. The work culture at YPT encourages ingenuity, team-work, and an atmosphere of learning. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.
YPT is currently searching for candidates to fill the position(s) of Part-Time Usher, reporting to YPT’s full-time Front of House Manager. The Part-Time Ushers will work front-line to ensure that our patrons are safe, comfortable and most of all happy with their theatre experience at YPT. These are part-time seasonal positions from September to May, with the possibility of extending into June depending on theatre rentals. We are looking for enthusiastic, confident, dependable, and dedicated individuals who are able to work part-time on weekdays and/or weekends. Some evening work may be required.
- Greeting, ticket taking, program distribution, providing directional assistance to patrons.
- Seating of patrons and school groups (both general admission and assigned seating).
- Assist with the execution of appropriate health and safety, building security and emergency procedures.
- Selling concession and merchandise as assigned.
- Special event assistance.
- Light custodial duties.
- Organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and creative team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior relevant experience.
- Experience and enjoyment in dealing with children.
- Positive, pro-active and personable.
Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply. Interested parties should apply with cover letter and resumé, detailing all relevant experience to:
Part-Time Usher Search
165 Front Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 3Z4
Applications must be received by 4:00pm, September 30th, 2011.
While we thank everyone who applies, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
BBW International Inc, specializes in providing front-line staff for trade shows, conventions and event marketing across Canada since 1991. We are currently building our team in Toronto with people who are interested in working part-time or on-call. Most positions have some flexibility that might work with your schedule.
We presently require Trade Show & Conference Registration/Hosting Staff, Greeters and Room Hosting Staff, and Experiential Marketing Staff & Street Team Members for a very busy fall schedule of events, specifically for a large event October 2nd – 7th. All positions require people who are friendly, professional, outgoing and extroverted. You get your energy from being with people and working with people. This is a great opportunity for people with a flexible schedule, part-time or graduate students, early retirees or stay-at-home parents with older children who just want to be in touch with the business community without the added stress and responsibility.
For immediate inquires contact:
Liz Batson – firstname.lastname@example.org