Are you an Arts/Industry Worker? Would you like discounted tickets to a variety of theatre, dance and opera productions? If so check out the TAPA Ticket Wiki! You will find a variety of discounted and complimentary tickets for Artists and Arts Workers to TAPA Member company productions for the 2011/12 season.
There are currently 5 offers available for the month of November including:
The TAPA Ticket Wiki is updated on an ongoing basis so make sure to check back often!
b current Performing Arts, a theatre company located in Toronto, Ont., is currently looking for a Education Outreach Consultant for their 2011-2012 mainstage show Obeah Opera by Nicole Brooks in co-production with Theatre Archipelago.
Start date: December 5, 2011
End date: March 4, 2012
Approx. hours/week: 10-15
Fee: $1000 Honorarium
- The ideal candidate has experience and/or post-secondary training in education or arts education, with an applicable knowledge of the Ontario School Curriculum.
- Strong self-directed work ethic.
- Friendly phone manners.
- Good time management.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and email.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Access to own phone line preferred but not required, will be reimbursed for usage.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Developing the Obeah Opera study guide for teachers and students
- Promoting the school shows with schools, teachers, and principals.
- Soliciting and tracking school bookings.
- Liaise with teachers regarding the coordination of their trip.
- Attending the school shows on Feb 15, 21, 23, 28 & 29.
- Attending any necessary production meetings.
- Be in company office one day a week.
b current is a not-for-profit arts company, which presents and supports performance works from the Canadian and international Black Diasporic Communities. Our Toronto-based company focuses on nurturing growth in emerging artists, developing and presenting artistic activities for young peoples, and contribute significantly to the breadth of Black arts traditions which feed our communities. For more information about us please visit http://www.bcurrent.ca/.
Please send a resume and covering letter by Monday November 21, 2011 to:
Rhoma Spencer, Artistic Producer
c/o b current Performing Arts