POSITION TITLE: Development and Sponsorship Officer
HOURS PER WEEK: 20 hours per week/Part-time Flexible
Shakespeare in Action is Canada’s Leading Professional Classical Theatre Company for young audiences. For over 23 years, we have developed unique theatre practices to help activate young people’s enjoyment and understanding of Shakespeare’s language and plays.
The Development and Sponsorship Officer will be a primary contributor to the success of the company. This position is suitable for someone who has already commenced a professional career in the areas of development and sponsorships. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record as a revenue generator with experience writing successful grants in Canada. The incumbent should be familiar with the goals and objective of TYA organizations and should have a deep love for Shakespeare. This is a part-time position and affords a great deal of flexibility.
Working closely with the General Manager and in collaboration with the Artistic Director, the Development and Sponsorships Coordinator will create and implement a strategy for growing the organizations revenue sources through grant writing, sponsorship development and developing an individuals giving plan.
The successful candidate will engage and build relationships with corporations, individuals, foundations and other organizations through the successful acquisition, management and stewardship of sponsors and partners. She/he will utilize and build on existing development/sponsorship plans by identifying opportunities for support, as well as by creating strategies to gain and enhance the interest and involvement of potential sponsors, partners and other supporters.
- Prepare and write all fundraising materials and grant applications.
- Coordinate and plan fundraising and donor events including The Shakespeare Challenge and Sonnets by Kids.
- Liaise with Board members about events and fundraising strategies.
- Work with the General Manager and Artistic Director formulating development objectives and strategies.
- Track, report and contribute to expense/revenue budget management.
- Provide tracking and reporting to all donors and foundations as required.
- Bachelor’s degree/advanced certificate training in development or significant experience.
- Minimum 3+ years professional experience in development and/or corporate sponsorships.
- Must have a successful track record securing grants and sponsorships.
- Must be focused on revenue generation.
- Must have great presentation skills.
- High level of comfort with computer systems, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop (PC and Mac platforms).
- Experience working with board of directors, donors, patrons and sponsors.
- Experience managing and coordinating volunteers.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Special event coordination experience.
- The applicant must be a team player, able to work in a creative but sometimes chaotic environment.
- Must love Shakespeare.
- Must be fully dedicated to the goals of TYA company.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their résumé and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a part-time position and is suitable for someone who wants flexibility in his or her work life. If you are looking for a development opportunity that allows you to balance your work life schedule then this is suitable for you.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants for this position. However, only candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.