The Visual Fringe is back as part of the Toronto Fringe’s newest initiative: the Fringe Artist Alley! During this summer’s Fringe Festival (July 4 to 15, 2012) the alleyway behind Honest Ed’s will be transformed into a vibrant pedestrian art-market with both Visual Fringe artists and the new Fringe AlleyPlays: a series of performances that will be woven throughout the alley as well as performed in two new make-shift venues. The Artist Alley is the perfect place for your art to be seen and sold, and your story to be heard and told!
The Visual Fringewelcomes visual artists, performance artists and everyone in-between, staying true to the Fringe’s mandate of welcoming anybody with a story to tell or art to share – your imagination is the only limit on what you can do to your tents.
The Visual Fringe details:
- The venue is simple: it’s a 10 x 10 tent
- Technical support is extremely limited.
- We invite you to transform your tent beyond recognition.
- 100% of sales are returned to artists.
- Entry into the Visual Fringe is also first-come, first-served.
- If successful, each artist admitted to the festival can opt for a full tent ($125 fee) or a shared tent ($75 fee) and will be scheduled for 8 days of programming.
- The Visual Fringe runs every day of the festival (July 4 to 15, 2012) from 6:30pm to 10:30pm (open until 11:30pm Thurs to Sat).
- Artists are required to attend every day that they are scheduled.
Applications for both the Visual Fringe will be available on February 21, 2012 at noon and will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications will close either when all slots are filled, or on March 16, 2012. Successful applicants will be featured in the Fringe Program which is distributed to over 15,000 people. Companies will also receive limited support from the Fringe publicist and technical team. Each company is responsible for promoting, advertising, designing, troubleshooting and producing their own project.
Call 416-966-1062 x 3 or email Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.