The Fringe AlleyPlays
The AlleyPlays will take place in two venues: an intimate and enclosed performance shed, and an open and inviting performance tent. These spaces will function as theatre venues for daring companies who want to stage anything from visceral mini-plays to soap-box diatribes and monologues.
The Fringe AlleyPlays details:
- Companies applying will be asked to select which performance venue most suits their project, and will be encouraged to tailor the project to the nature of the venue.
- 6 companies will be selected for this series: 3 shed artists and 3 tent artists.
- Acceptance into the AlleyPlays is first-come, first-served.
- Each successful applicant will receive eight performance slots (all slots are 2 hours, including 30 minutes for set up and tear down.)
- The AlleyPlays run from 6:30pm to 10:30pm each day of the festival.
- All tickets will be Pay What You Can with 100% of box office revenue returned to artists.
- Applications fees are $100 for the performance shed and $125 for the performance tent.
Applications for both the AlleyPlays will be available on February 21, 2012 at noon and will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications will close either when all slots are filled, or on March 16, 2012. Successful applicants will be featured in the Fringe Program which is distributed to over 15,000 people. Companies will also receive limited support from the Fringe publicist and technical team. Each company is responsible for promoting, advertising, designing, troubleshooting and producing their own project.
Call 416-966-1062 x 3 or email Claire at email@example.com if you have any questions.