We are currently accepting submissions for “City Voices: A Book of Monologues by Toronto Artists”, a book that will be published in both hard copy and electronic formats later this year. “City Voices” will be a collection of monologues by Toronto writers and artists that will represent the diversity and vibrancy of voices that populate this dynamic city.
- Monologues must be written pieces that are intended for performance by an individual (A monologue is any piece of written work. It can take the form of a traditional theatrical monologue, poem, spoken word, diary entry…so long as it’s performative)
- 1-2 minutes in length
- Previously unpublished and original work
- Emerging or established artists, as well as hobbyists, who have, at some point in their lives, resided in Toronto
- Content is open, and a wide range of topics, voices and writing styles are encouraged
- No minimum age to submit, so long as parental permission is given if the artist is under 18 years of age
- Up to 2 monologues may be submitted per person
There is no fee to submit.
Deadline to submit is June 30th, 2012 at 5pm.
At a time when those in the arts are having to fight to be recognized amidst the current political climate, it is vital to create forums in which to celebrate who we are and our creativity, as well as opportunities to make our presence known and our voices heard. “City Voices” has been conceived as a vehicle by which to celebrate passion and creativity, and to showcase the fierce talent of Toronto writers and artists.
For more information, please check out our website: www.cityvoices.ca or email Jenna Harris at email@example.com with any questions you may have.