NOTICE: TORONTO THEATRE COMPANY AUDITION CALL!
Acting Positions Available for 2012-13 Season
Mixed Company Theatre (MCT) produces innovative, socially relevant drama as a tool for positive change. Founded as an artist-run collective in 1983, this nationally recognized not-for-profit theatre for social change uses Forum Theatre and interactive arts to educate engage and empower audiences in schools, communities and workplace.
MCT is hosting GENERAL AUDITIONS for our upcoming 2012-13 season tours. We are seeking actors/actresses for a NON-UNION shows.
Actors should be comfortable with / have experience:
- Playing Adolescent characters.
- Performing Dramatic Improv
- Working with youth,
Some experience or knowledge of the following would be an asset:
- Singing ability or musicality
- Understanding/knowledge of Forum Theatre.
- Audition Date(s): Wednesday May 23rd (10am-5pm) and Thursday, May 24th (10am-5pm)
- Audition Location: Mixed Company Theatre 157 Carlton suite 201, (corner of Carlton & Sherbourne Streets ) Toronto Ontario, M5A 2K3.
- Submission Details: Please email your resume and head shot to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: Friday May 18th 2012
- Prepare for Audition: 2 contemporary monologues: one dramatic and one comedic
416-515-8080 mixedcompanytheatre.com email@example.com
Organization: Toronto Dance Theatre
Application Deadline: May 16, 2012
Position: Marketing and Outreach Coordinator
Term: Full Time – averaging 35 hours per week
Location: Toronto – Cabbagetown
Salary: $35-39,000 + benefits
Start Date: June 2012
Toronto Dance Theatre (TDT) is seeking a Marketing and Outreach Coordinator to join its
TDT is one of Canada’s leading contemporary dance companies, recognized for the intelligent,
provocative vision of its choreography and the exceptional artistry of its dancers. Founded in 1968 by
Peter Randazzo, Patricia Beatty and David Earle, and under the artistic direction of Christopher House
since 1994, Toronto Dance Theatre has produced a remarkable body of original Canadian choreography
and has had– and continues to have– a profound influence on the development of dance in Canada. The
company performs annually at Toronto’s Harbourfront Centre and at the company’s own Winchester
Street Theatre in Cabbagetown, where it shares its home with the affiliated School of Toronto Dance
Theatre. The company maintains a regular presence from coast to coast in Canada, and has toured
extensively in the USA, Europe and Asia.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Marketing and Outreach Coordinator is engaged in all
aspects of the company’s marketing, publicity and outreach efforts.
Responsibilities – Marketing
- Participate in the planning and implementation of all marketing and publicity campaigns
- Assist in the production of all marketing and publicity tools, including brochures, flyers, posters, newsletters, ads, media releases, and performance programs
- Coordinate the dissemination of all marketing materials (mailings, postering etc.) and prepare all lobby displays
- Promote TDT across all social media outlets, such as Facebook and YouTube
- Report on tickets sales and ongoing marketing expenses
- Produce and maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date catalogue of marketing materials including photos, videos, reviews, biographies and repertory information
- Create press kits and DVDs for promotional uses
- Maintain and grow the database, targeting groups and initiating promotions
- Coordinate the ticketing system at the Winchester Street Theatre
- Track and document accurate attendance numbers for grants and other reports
- Maintain an up-to-date website
- Assist in tour marketing and media relations
- Coordinate the annual TDT audition
- Recruit, train and supervise students and volunteers for projects as required
- Organize and supervise receptions
- Create and distribute ticket vouchers to not-for-profits that request in-kind donations
- Coordinate and facilitate Front of House, box office, merchandise and concessions for TDT performances, and other TDT sponsored events.
- Liaise with technical support and suppliers in order to maintain efficient office equipment and provide office management support as required
Responsibilities – Outreach
- Develop annual and long-term outreach and education strategies which take into account educational trends and potential interest in TDT activity
- Develop and implement group marketing campaigns for school, senior and other groups
- Produce all outreach and education marketing and informational materials that assist new audience members to understand and appreciate TDT’s work, including the Educators Workbook and DVD
- Assist in the creation and implementation of activities that develop new audiences
- Analyze and report on the financial and audience development results of all outreach and education activities
- Initiate outreach and education activities in the Cabbagetown community, and seek opportunities to expand TDT’s profile and involvement in our neighbourhood
- A college or university degree and/or at least two years of marketing experience in an arts organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle competing priorities in a small, fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in Quark, Adobe InDesign, and/or Adobe Photoshop, in addition to Microsoft Office suite of software programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- The ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends Knowledge of contemporary dance and a familiarity with video editing and Final Cut Express are definite assets.
Send a cover letter (separate from email, please) and resume by email with the subject line “Marketing
and Outreach Coordinator Search” no later than May 16, 2012 to:
Andrea Vagianos, Managing Director
Toronto Dance Theatre
80 Winchester Street
Toronto, On M4X 1B2
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Submit your Expression of Interest to be part of the first round tenant selection!
The Centre for Social Innovation will be opening its Regent Park location in September 2012! This new space is ideal for nonprofits, social enterprises, freelancers, consultants, creative types and other small organizations with a social mission. If you are potentially interested in becoming a tenant, fill out the Expression of Interest form here. Those who want to be considered as part of the first round in the selection process must have their Expressions of Interest completed by May 15.
CSI Regent Park will occupy 10,000 square feet on the third floor of the new Regent Park Arts & Cultural Centre (RPACC) at 585 Dundas Street East. CSI Regent Park will become home to a diverse cross-section of social mission organizations and individuals who are coming together to share ideas, resources, advice and inspiration.
You can download the Information Package here.
For more information, visit http://socialinnovation.ca/space/csiregentpark.
To see a video tour of CSI Regent Park in construction, vist here.
Questions? Comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Intersection Theatre is looking for a set & costume designer for an upcoming fringe festival production.
The play S-27, by Sarah Grochala, won the Amnesty International Protect the Human Playwriting Award and is inspired by stories from survivors of the Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia, you can find out more at Intersection Theatre.
It is a profit-share production with a small budget. I’m hoping to meet designers this coming week. If interested please contact email@example.com noting days available to meet this weekend or next week, and providing links to your portfolio if possible.