Founded in 1991, Small Theatre Administrative Facility (STAF) is a not-for profit arts service organization that provides general management, financial administration, marketing & publicity, and grant writing services to a growing roster of emerging and established independent theatre artists and companies throughout Ontario, including Associated Designers of Canada (ADC).
STAF is seeking a creative and dynamic part time arts administrator with a commitment to a vital and healthy independent theatre community to join us in our fast-paced, open-concept Queen/Spadina office for 10 hours per week. The successful candidate will have the opportunity for flexible scheduling, working with a team of highly skilled arts managers.
Reporting to the Executive Directors of both STAF and ADC, the successful candidate is able to handle multiple client files with complete confidentiality, is detail-oriented, thrives in a deadline-driven environment, and will be available to start in June 2012.
- Providing administrative support to the STAF team, including project-based tasks relating to marketing & publicity, grant writing, financial administration, and general management of STAF and clients.
- Assisting the team in maintaining files and databases.
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries.
- Coordination and implementation of basic office procedures including filing, photocopying, office supply inventory, taking meeting minutes, organizing incoming mail, and making bank deposits.
- Completing CAEA contracts.
- Using Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel to produce correspondence and documents, maintaining records, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Using content management systems including WordPress and Sumac to maintain and update websites and internal databases.
- 2 years or more of related experience
- Minimum High School diploma, post-secondary diploma preferred.
- Excellent English language oral and written communications skills, French will be considered an asset.
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Outstanding interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet challenging deadlines.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision.
- Ability to maintain staff and client confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of email, scheduling, and spreadsheets, word processing and typing.
- A commitment to positive team dynamics and growth.
- Knowledge of Photoshop will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of CAEA contracts will be considered an asset
Please submit your letter of interest and resume via email by Monday, June 4 2012, 5pm to: Kate McConnell – Executive Director, STAF – firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. STAF is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity and invites applications from all qualified individuals.