Position: Company Administrator
Last Revised: New Position starting in Fall 2012
Status: Staff, 40 hours per week, flexible hours
Note: Some travel may be required
Annual Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000
The Company Administrator is responsible for the administrative and financial management of the company and will oversee the daily business operations of the organization.
The position was created in 2012.
Results to be achieved:
- Grant applications and reports will be accurate, effective and submitted in timely fashion.
- Company financial records will be complete, accurate and timely.
- Accurate financial reports and projections will be provided to the Artistic Director and Board as required.
- The MNTF office will be efficiently managed to provide effective support to the Artistic Director and the Festival production team.
- Assists the Artistic Director with Government and Foundation grant applications and reports
- Assists the Artistic Director in developing the annual budget and multi-year budget projections
- Ensures that accurate financial records are put in place and maintained
- Ensures fundraising and charitable donation data is maintained.
- Prepares cash flow analysis
- Manages accounts payable and receivable
- Oversees the annual audit
- Manages financial relationships with banks, government agencies and funding bodies
- Oversees Payroll & Bank Reconciliations
- Co-ordinate staff and volunteers
- Oversee staff and volunteer schedules
- Manage Festival assets
- Staff training
- Budgetary oversight
- Prepare annual reports
- Supervise Festival box office, including set up, operation and reporting
- Assist staff and volunteers with fundraising events
- Preparation and administration of contracts for artists, contractors and presenters
Supervision of staff:
- Marketing, Box Office, Fundraising
- Artistic Director
Supervision of Budget
The Company Administrator is responsible for the supervision of the MNTF operating and festival budgets under the director of the Artistic Director and/or Board of Directors.
- University or College education with an emphasis on arts or business management or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with non-profit arts management
- Strong administrative background
- Proven financial relations and management abilities
- Excellent supervisory abilities
- Contract management experience
- Experience working with government and other funding agencies
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
Please send cover letter and curriculum vitae to AD Brenda Leadlay
53 Elgin St, PO Box 1534, Stn B., Ottawa, ON K1P 5W1;
Email to email@example.com; Fax to: 613-943-1401
The application deadline is Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 at 5:00 pm.