Help preserve, explore and celebrate Canada’s performing arts heritage.
Museum Programming Coordinator
- 40 Hrs/ wk @ $15/hr
- 10 weeks
- Tuesday July 3 to Friday September 7
- Languages: English, other language skills considered to be an asset
This position is made possible by Heritage Canada and its Young Canada Works program.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada (Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.);
- be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of YCW employment;
- have been a full-time student (as defined by the educational institution) in the semester preceding their job with YCW;
- intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following their job with YCW;
- be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
- not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week)while employed with YCW; and
- be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory (www.youngcanadaworks.ca).
This position will allow a student to gain hands-on experience as they work with Theatre Museum Canada. Over the summer you will follow a work plan that has you care for our collection, prepare for an exhibit and gain important volunteer-management and fundraising experience that will serve you well in a future career in Canada’s non-profit heritage sector.
This is a great opportunity for a student with a passion for heritage and the performing arts who is interested in a honing skills and getting experience relevant to a possible professional career.
This position will require some evening & weekend hours.
Find out more about Theatre Museum Canada at www.TheatreMuseumCanada.ca
- send a resume & cover letter to email@example.com
- apply online at youngcanadaworks.ca
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 (noon).