Young People’s Theatre (YPT), now in it’s 46th season, is Canada’s largest theatre for young audiences and currently produces and presents an 8-play season with an audience of up to 80,000+. Housed at a
renovated, historical venue in Toronto, YPT works on a 468-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio stage. Its operating budget is approximately $3.5 million. The work culture at YPT encourages ingenuity, team-work, and an atmosphere of learning. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.
YPT is currently searching for a candidate to fill the position of Audience Services & Ticketing Administrator. Reporting to the Sales Manager, this full-time, permanent position will coordinate the
ticketing and audience operational needs of the organization overall with primary focus on meeting the
requirements of Box Office and Drama School.
- Train, schedule, and oversee the day-to-day activities of Sales Associates/Box Office staff.
- Manage the Box Office ticketing system (AudienceView), including building theatre events, building drama school events, creating and managing show holds, promotion discount codes, program bundles, and general database management.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports for various departments.
- Liaise with AudienceView, including overseeing software and data conversions and troubleshooting with respect to systems issues.
- Generate database mailing lists for various departments.
- In concert with the marketing/sales department, manage all YPT social media sites.
- Address any audience concerns that may arise.
- Provide administrative support to the Development team, including configuration of events, campaigns and funds within the AudienceView system.
- Oversee Sales Associate/Box Office staffing budget.
- Determine, implement and maintain box office policies and procedures in tandem with the Sales Manager.
- Participate in weekly marketing meetings and the execution of marketing initiatives as they relate to public and school audiences.
- Minimum of 2 years of ticketing/box office supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal skills plus strong computer skills with attention to detail.
- Experience with Social Media within an organizational/company context.
- Experience with ticketing (AudienceView preferably), word-processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Proven track record in customer service and a sincere desire to be helpful.
- An interest in the arts is a definite asset.
Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and strongly supports and values
diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and individuals from equity seeking groups are encouraged to apply. Interested parties should apply with cover letter and resumé, detailing all relevant experience to:
Audience Services & Ticketing Administrator Search
165 Front Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 3Z4
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 15th, 2012.
While we thank everyone who applies, only those selected for an interview will be contacted