Factory Theatre seeks a talented and creative development professional who will help take the company to the next level of private sector support. The Development Manager is a senior member of a high-performance, collaborative administrative team, reporting to the Managing Director, working closely with the Artistic Director, the Board of Directors and Board Committees and other administrative staff. The Development Manager is responsible for leading and maximizing Factory Theatre’s contributed revenue programs, and maintaining active and productive relationships with our donors, sponsors, grantors, and volunteers, toward ensuring the organization reaches its fundraising goals.
Hours are normally Monday – Friday, 9 – 6 and weekend and evening work as required by events and show openings. This will be a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation package (pending experience) including three weeks of vacation annually and a benefit package.
Core Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Building and strengthening Factory’s base of private sector support
- Designing, implementing and managing all fundraising campaigns, activities, and events including annual giving, major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, planned giving and endowment, and special campaigns.
- Expanding Factory’s base of individual donors: acquisition, retention and strengthening of individual donors through two annual campaigns and donor appreciation events, plus other moves management strategies
- Maintaining and strengthening Factory’s core corporate and foundation supporters
- To strengthen donor retention and acquisition through dedicated attention to donor services and communication strategies, including planning and executing donor appreciation events
- Fundraising event management and execution including: securing a special events Intern, training and supervising same; responsibility for all fundraising events (assisting the Events committee, planning, costing, creation of critical path, catering, entertainment, décor, auction, supervising events staff, etc.)
- Development administration including management of accurate ongoing records of revenue and expense targets, as approved by the Managing Director; supervising the processing of all tax receipts, donor communications and audit trail.
- Responsibility for all development reports to the Board and other agencies, and attending Board meetings.
- Participation in the long-term strategy and development of capital campaigns for theatre renovations with the Managing and Artistic Directors
The responsibilities listed above address the key duties of this position, other duties may be requested as necessary
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in fundraising or combined fundraising/ marketing experience, and will be able to demonstrate a solid history of revenue generation throughout his or her career. Required will be an artistic sensitivity (ideally with a passion for theatre and experience with the performing arts) and understanding of how an organization aligns itself to and follows through on its artistic values in fund development, a deep understanding/experience of philanthropic sectors, key organizations and the foundation and corporate donation cycle. Excellent writing and communication skills, attention to detail and an ability to roll with unexpected events, experience in coordination and supervision of staff and volunteers, experience with TixHub ticketing software or the Sumac would be also be an asset – excellent and adaptable computer skills are a must. Professional accreditation or a CFRE designation would be a definite asset.
Applications including cover letter stating salary expectations with resume to: Sara Meurling, Managing Director, The Factory Theatre, 125 Bathurst Street, Toronto ON M5V 2R2 OR via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: July 6, 2012.